• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.
HopHead

Carolina Panthers

1197 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 4/27/2017 at 8:32 PM, HopHead said:

Absolutely love the McCaffery pick. He'll add so much versatility to the Panthers offense. He can run between the tackles, play the slot and return punts. Gives a guy that Cam can dump the ball out into the flat to as well.

As a lifelong Saints fan....Congrats on Excellent pick! Coach Sean Peyton was really high on him.  McCaffrey is already the talk at Panthers rookie mini-camp after just one practice. Makes the rest of the players look like they're in Slow motion! Very versatile...Swiss Army Knife...Worth the price of admission!

Ben Boulware a nice UDFA pick up too...he will play w a Chip on his shoulders; even moreso since not being drafted.

Edited by richyb83
2 people like this

1 minute ago, grodney said:

Bovada has the o/u at 8.5.

We keep Cam's jersey clean, Kelvin trims down, stops lazing about has 1100 yards, Funch finally shows what hes shown in practice, Olsen has his usual stellar season, Stew, McCaffery and Cam combine for over 2200 yards rushing and Samuel learns to be a better Ted Ginn and we go 13-3. 

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

We keep Cam's jersey clean, Kelvin trims down, stops lazing about has 1100 yards, Funch finally shows what hes shown in practice, Olsen has his usual stellar season, Stew, McCaffery and Cam combine for over 2200 yards rushing and Samuel learns to be a better Ted Ginn and we go 13-3. 

When I read about Samuel my reaction was "OMG we re-drafted Ted Ginn!" And I mean that in a good way, I liked having Ginn around.

Just now, Vitamin_N said:

When I read about Samuel my reaction was "OMG we re-drafted Ted Ginn!" And I mean that in a good way, I liked having Ginn around.

and Samuel has better hands than Ginn.

43 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Not asking much.

9 minutes ago, grodney said:

Not asking much.

Its really not asking much. 1100 is pedestrian for a lot of #1 WRs, Funch looked like he was going to surpass Kelvin in camp and preseason last year, if he can make that happen sky is the limit. Olsen is Olsen. Stew & Williams combined for 2250 between just the two of them not so long ago, add in Cam and 2200 is very attainable for the three dudes. Samuel can out run anyone on the field. I think we are underrated. The biggest question mark in what I said was keeping Cam's jersey clean.  

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The biggest question mark in what I said was keeping Cam's jersey clean.  

Always my biggest concern.  The sack numbers from the last 6 games of 2014 and all of 2015 are crazy good (excepting, of course, the S***r B*wl).  Not so much last year.

p.s. McCaffrey (run-CMC) is the 2nd-favorite for Rookie of the Year at Bovada, behind Fournette.

Edited by grodney

The o-line. What a shame Gettleman can't find a way to beef it up. Maybe if they can stay healthy this year and we can keep everyone in their positions... oh to dream

Just realized that really is Kelvin Benjamin. Uh oh...

Posted (edited)

Kelvin is a tub! Weighed in at 280.

Edited by Dale

Gettleman just got fired. Right move by ownership. They need someone new, Gettleman has lost his edge. 

21 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Gettleman just got fired. Right move by ownership. They need someone new, Gettleman has lost his edge. 

Well, bad move from a winning standpoint.  But I guess if Richardson would rather have a touchy-feely love-fest than wins, then it was the right move.  Hahaha, just messin' with you, but that's the way I see it.

1 minute ago, grodney said:

Well, bad move from a winning standpoint.  But I guess if Richardson would rather have a touchy-feely love-fest than wins, then it was the right move.  Hahaha, just messin' with you, but that's the way I see it.

Last year's 6-10 record ain't exactly winning, boss. He was fired because he's a better talent evaluator than a GM, and apparent all-round ahole. 

On 5/11/2017 at 9:13 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

and Samuel has better hands than Ginn.

So do I

3 people like this

Due to the Marty Hurney announcement, I'm officially lowering my Panthers record prediction to 15-1.

3 people like this