Carolina Panthers

7 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

You beat me to it! I really don’t get this one. I know he wasn’t producing that much this year compared to his potential but still. I guess maybe they just wanted the heat off of Shula for a minute.

Interesting that the year cam was his most successful... KB was out for the year. Think about that for a minute.. 

you can get a starter with a 3rd round pick, and a 7th, you could get some depth at offensive linemen

Gives Curtis Samuel, who needs reps to progress, more opportunity to prove himself.

promise I didn't just copy paste my tweets

Interesting that the year cam was his most successful... KB was out for the year. Think about that for a minute.. 
you can get a starter with a 3rd round pick, and a 7th, you could get some depth at offensive linemen
Gives Curtis Samuel, who needs reps to progress, more opportunity to prove himself.
promise I didn't just copy paste my tweets

Oh yea, for sure. He was terrible at running routes, which is why I think Cam flourished without him. I’m not necessarily sad to see him go, but I feel like we could’ve gotten a lot more for him.

1 minute ago, AuLukey said:

Oh yea, for sure. He was terrible at running routes, which is why I think Cam flourished without him. I’m not necessarily sad to see him go, but I feel like we could’ve gotten a lot more for him.

more for a crappy route runner?

I dunno. Don't get me wrong I'm a mixed bag of emotions, my alcohol cleanse might have to end today.

He may have never recovered from the knee surgery. He had trouble this season already with it. He does not play 100% even when he is 100%. Remember the interception when he ignored the returner? He has one of the lowest Wonderlic scores for quick thinking administered at the Draft. He will be 27 next year and his peak may be here. Or in the past. He has had weight troubles in several off seasons/camp. He has the job on talent alone and there is lots of that in the league. Best players bring more.

Some criticism of Charlotte and our NFL team (I bolded the part that really irritated me):

“The city is basically a giant Bank of America branch. The darkest moment of my life was being stuck in an unending conversation about banking with someone from Charlotte. I’m 80 percent certain Charlotte added a football team just so bankers could expense another event.

That insult sounds similar to something Deadspin.com wrote in July, when it said: “There’s a certain cruelty in the fact that Charlotte is both North Carolina’s largest city and also, by far, the boringest town in that state... Charlotte is a bank branch someone made into a whole city, presided over by (Panthers owner) Jerry Richardson and his anodyne football team.”

What do you all think?

If anything Charlotte is the most exciting city in the state because it has so much to offer and do. The city is always changing and has a vibrant economy. That's why moving to Charlotte is one of my life goals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The boys played in 2015 form for MNF. Let’s hope they can keep this up.

Bye week followed by @Jets. I really hope they don’t sleep on that game like they did for the Chicago game.

13-3 (@Saints 12/3 gives me nightmares)

My gripe of the day was how early the stadium emptied out. You’d have thought we were down by 24 in the second half given, I’d say, the stadium was at 20% capacity by the fourth quarter. I just don’t get Charlotte fans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

My gripe of the day was how early the stadium emptied out. You’d have thought we were down by 24 in the second half given, I’d say, the stadium was at 20% capacity by the fourth quarter. I just don’t get Charlotte fans.

I agree.  The Panthers put on perhaps their most dominant performance of the season in prime time and fans evacuated in the 4th quarter as if someone had pulled a fire alarm.  Heck it looked like there were less than 50k people there by the end of the 3rd quarter.  

No wonder people accuse Charlotte of having a fair weather fan base.  We can't even stay and support our team in the good times.   Gotta get a jump on traffic I guess.

• Like 2

I complained about the same crowd thing last night. I get it’s late on a Monday night and they’re absolutely dominating, but come on. It was so pathetic. 

And I would argue they were in better form than 2015. They didn’t pull their usual: blow a huge 4th quarter lead routine. 

@ Saints and vs Minnesota are yuuuuge games. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 12:12 PM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Read that too...my money is that he returns after the Panther's BYE week.  If we count this week...week 8 (injury time) would be our MNF game against the Dolphins on Nov 13th (week 10).  Our BYE is the following week (11).  Coach usually plays injuries fairly conservatively, so I don't see him returning until after the BYE, week (12) against the Jets Nov 26th (if everything heals and goes accordingly).   Hopefully, he comes back sooner, just don't know how bad the break is.

I can't predict future building plans or tenants but Greg was activated today and we will have our TE back for the Jets game this Sunday lol!

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

I can't predict future building plans or tenants but Greg was activated today and we will have our TE back for the Jets game this Sunday lol!

Watch for me in the end zone with about 150 other panthers fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to the game yesterday, and while I know we rolled 150 deep full of fans in buses, I was stunned that 1 out of every 10 or so people I saw was a Panthers fan. We were LOUDLY represented, and I hope it showed on TV.  I have to say Met Life Stadium was as much of crap show as the game was. We walked in the gate 30 min before kickoff. The credit card readers stadium wide were down. My wife and I cobbled together $40 to buy a single order of chicken fingers and fries and two beers, thankfully they were good, but damn what a rip. After that we found there was a 30-40min wait for the ATMs, I went back mid first quarter to try again at the ATMs and they were empty stadium wide. Ended up borrowing $60 from a friend to try to order some more chicken fingers (they were delightful actually) and two more beers. One person in front of me they stopped selling beer, 1 min into the 3rd quarter. Thankfully I had dispatched my wife to a different spot to try to get beer too, and they sold her beer and then cut off the next customer. Met Life was a crap show.

15 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Scott Fowler on CO twitter feed during game called the spectator area in the end zone "chaotic" after a second half TD for Panthers. Not in a good way. Though I understand it better now thanks to you.

I have no voice from yelling yesterday, there were so many panthers fans in the lower bowl it was insane.  There were at least two additional bus loads of panthers fans that were unaffiliated with Roaring Riot. We are growing as a national fan base. Everytime the jets went "J.E.T.S Jets Jets Jets." their iconic cheer, it was followed immediately by a "C.A.T.S Cats Cats Cats." There were tons of "LUUUUUKES" and "KEEP POUNDING" chants.

15 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Scott Fowler on CO twitter feed during game called the spectator area in the end zone "chaotic" after a second half TD for Panthers. Not in a good way. Though I understand it better now thanks to you.

I have no voice from yelling yesterday, there were so many panthers fans in the lower bowl it was insane.  There were at least two additional bus loads of panthers fans that were unaffiliated with Roaring Riot. We are growing as a national fan base. Everytime the jets went "J.E.T.S Jets Jets Jets." their iconic cheer, it was followed immediately by a "C.A.T.S Cats Cats Cats." There were tons of "LUUUUUKES" and "KEEP POUNDING" chants.

14 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That's awesome to hear.  There certainly has been a diaspora of Carolina fans across the country, myself included.  Seattle even has it's own Roaring Riot chapter now.  We had about 200 show up to the pre-game party a couple of years ago when we played the Seachickens here in Seattle.  

Edited by cltheel.sdl
  • Like 1