Carolina Panthers

2 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Meanwhile, they got straight embarrassed on national tv last night 

Man, that game was hard to watch.  Per the course too lol...I can't recall too far back, but I feel like the Panthers have never done that well on prime time games (Thurs/Mon).  However, sometimes it takes these kind of games to refocus and address stuff that may have been brushed under the rug while we've been winning.  Future schedule:

• 11/18 @ Detroit 3-5
  • 11/25 Seattle 4-4
  • 12/2 @ Bucs 3-5
  • 12/9 @ Browns 2-6
  • 12/17 MNF Saints 7-1 *Huge game*
  • 12/23 ATL 4-4
  • 12/30 @ Saints 7-1
Panthers will have a bounce back game against Detroit.  Besides the Saints, we have a fairly manageable schedule.  Need to win all the home games and 3/4 away games (I have us splitting games with the Aints).  I really wanted this win though...for Tepper's sake and I lost some money to a co-worker...Last night was embarrassing for sure, but we're still okay (for now).
Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3

Very embarrassing and painful loss, but I wouldn't count the Panthers out yet.  I discount Thursday night road games a little bit, as historically these teams do not perform up to their potential. 

That defense did resemble swiss cheese though.   It seems as though the intimidating and hard hitting defense of 2-3 years ago is all but gone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CriticalT said:

Tepper says he would be surprised if team is not practicing indoors next summer.  

After last night I’d just be happy if he has them practicing.

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Man, that game was hard to watch.  Per the course too lol...I can't recall too far back, but I feel like the Panthers have never done that well on prime time games (Thurs/Mon).  However, sometimes it takes these kind of games to refocus and address stuff that may have been brushed under the rug while we've been winning.  Future schedule:

• 11/18 @ Detroit 3-5
  • 11/25 Seattle 4-4
  • 12/2 @ Bucs 3-5
  • 12/9 @ Browns 2-6
  • 12/17 MNF Saints 7-1 *Huge game*
  • 12/23 ATL 4-4
  • 12/30 @ Saints 7-1
Panthers will have a bounce back game against Detroit.  Besides the Saints, we have a fairly manageable schedule.  Need to win all the home games and 3/4 away games (I have us splitting games with the Aints).  I really wanted this win though...for Tepper's sake and I lost some money to a co-worker...Last night was embarrassing for sure, but we're still okay (for now).

They’ll be swept by the Saints and beaten again by the Falcons. I see 8-8 or maybe 9-7 and Ron’s seat getting a little warm. 

In other NFL news other owners were really mad at Atlanta Falcons Lowering concession prices at the Mercedes Stadium.   Very interesting. From the ATL

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/11/09/amb-group-coo-other-nfl-teams-were-really-upset.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-11-09&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1541798681&j=84939941

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dale said:

After last night I’d just be happy if he has them practicing.

They’ll be swept by the Saints and beaten again by the Falcons. I see 8-8 or maybe 9-7 and Ron’s seat getting a little warm. 

So you predict 3 and 4 or 2 and 5 the rest of the year?  How much do you want to bet?  Terrible night but that offense is potent.  They are still a playoff team.

Guys our chance at the division title went up in smoke when the Saints beat the Rams and then picked up Dez. I’ll settle for the wildcard spot this year. Playoffs four years in a row? Please and thank you. Depending on how the Vikings finish, I’m predicting the NFC South 3 make it again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AuLukey said:

Guys our chance at the division title went up in smoke when the Saints beat the Rams and then picked up Dez. I’ll settle for the wildcard spot this year. Playoffs four years in a row? Please and thank you. Depending on how the Vikings finish, I’m predicting the NFC South 3 make it again.

Respectfully, Dez isn't that good (which is why he was still unsigned until NO had an urgent need due to injuries).  Besides, he's already out for the year due to injury.  NO may be best team in league though...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dale said:

Unfortunately, I can see us being swept by the Saints too. But to be honest, prior to last night, I believed this team could beat anyone (still do). Also, don't think we will lose to ATL again, esp at home. 

16 hours ago, JBS said:

So you predict 3 and 4 or 2 and 5 the rest of the year?  How much do you want to bet?  Terrible night but that offense is potent.  They are still a playoff team.

Not a betting man, but we are just not equipped to beat the Saints and Falcons. This team needs a serious overhaul.

Respectfully, Dez isn't that good (which is why he was still unsigned until NO had an urgent need due to injuries).  Besides, he's already out for the year due to injury.  NO may be best team in league though...

*facepalm* forgot he was out for the year. Well at least there’s that.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CTiger said:

It looks like they are putting up a giant Christmas tree on the corner of Mint and Graham right outside the stadium.  Is this something that they do every year and I just don't ever remember seeing it, or is this something new with the new ownership?

They have been doing this as far back as I can remember.  During our magical Superbowl run in 2015:

xmas.thumb.JPG.38840f345700e4245ee03c90a4dc389b.JPG

• Like 3

Interesting week in the NFL.  Despite the blowout Thursday, the Panthers' chances for the playoffs only dropped from 75% to 71% (compare to Philly going from 60% to 24%).  This is mainly due to losses by a lot of the wildcard contenders that the Panthers are battling against.  "If the playoffs started today" it would be the 4 division winners (Rams, Saints, Bears, Washington) plus Panthers and Vikings.  Contenders Falcons, Seahawks, Eagles all took losses.  If you're a Panthers fan, you have to hope the top teams keep winning and the wildcard contenders keep losing.  And you have to hope the rest of the Panthers' opponents don't bring pressure like the Steelers did, hahahahahaha.  Oh, and you have to hope they win the next few games, as finishing NO, ATL, NO is brutal.

The playoff 6 have separated themsevles.....but will they stay that way????

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

2018nflweek10.jpg

• Like 1

^Good points.  The one positive with the Panther's remaining schedule, is that 3 out of the 4 away games we have are against last place teams (Lions, Bucs, Browns)...I've said earlier in the thread too, that Seattle and ATL (just lost to the BROWNS!) at home are very manageable too (both 4-5).  I have us winning the rest of our home games with the exception of the Saints being a toss up.  And I have us winning the rest of our away games...again with the exception of the Saints game.  

So, if we lose both the Saints game, I have us going 11-5.  I am hopeful we somehow split the games with NO so that would make us 12-4.  We have already had the kick in the ass (wake up call game) last week against the Steelers.  If this is the playoff/Superbowl team we want and think they are, they need to beat the teams they should beat in the upcoming weeks.  

Agree with everything written in the two posts above.  I will say that Seattle is playing very good football right now.  They lost to two very good teams the past two weeks.  Even at home, that game isn't a gimmie.  The only game I am very confident about is Detroit (kiss of death) though I think that we will likely finish 11-5 or 10-6.  Releasing CJ Anderson was curious and I think they should have used him more.  Seems that every time I saw him on the sidelines he was in a coaches ear about something (presumably playing time).  Assume that's why they let him go. 

^Very true about Seattle...I've never liked playing them.  My only hope with the Saints game at home is that it's a Monday Night game and they rise to the occasion.  They were embarrassed on Thursday night so this may be a redemption game.  If we go on a little win streak  and Saints keep doing their thing, that MNF game on 12/17 is going to be one hell of a playoff environment.  Buy your tickets now while they are somewhat reasonable lol...bc they will skyrocket.

32 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

We play the Seattle Seahawks four of the past five regular seasons. How  does that happen? Plus two playoff meetings. 2300 air miles apart.

Within your conference, you play an entire division each season....this year all of NFC South plays all of NFC East.  So the Panthers will play the Seahawks every 3 years for that reason. 

But in addition, for the other two in-conference divisions, you play the same place.....e.g. NFC South 1st place plays NFC West 1st place, and #2 plays #2 and so on.   Last season the Panthers and Seahawks both finished #2 in their respective division, so they play this season.  Lions finished 2nd in the North, so the Panthers play them too.  If two teams are repeatedly good*, then they'll win their division and play each other year after year, as happened in 2013 and 2014 with Carolina and Seattle.....after both finished #2 in 2012.

Or maybe your question was rhetorical, or at least not literal.  hahahahahaha

*for some values of "good", including 7-8-1.

Edited by grodney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 9:35 PM, CriticalT said:

Tepper says he would be surprised if team is not practicing indoors next summer.  

Practice was cancelled today because of the rain... We've needed an indoor practice facility a long time.  It ridiculous to cancel practice and/or have to practice at the convention center (which they've done before) bc of weather.  To be the best, gotta have the best.  I just listened to the Tepper interview you are referring to.  It will be interesting to see where the practice facility will be located....Uptown Charlotte?  Elsewhere in Charlotte?  On the NC/SC border?  South Carolina?  I do think we pull out of Spartanburg for training camp...Wofford was a Richardson thing.  Tep will want to start his new tradition somewhere else, possibly wherever he decides to build the new practice facility...especially if he plans on adding multi-use functions to the complex.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Practice was cancelled today because of the rain... We've needed an indoor practice facility a long time.  It ridiculous to cancel practice and/or have to practice at the convention center (which they've done before) bc of weather.  To be the best, gotta have the best.  I just listened to the Tepper interview you are referring to.  It will be interesting to see where the practice facility will be located....Uptown Charlotte?  Elsewhere in Charlotte?  On the NC/SC border?  South Carolina?  I do think we pull out of Spartanburg for training camp...Wofford was a Richardson thing.  Tep will want to start his new tradition somewhere else, possibly wherever he decides to build the new practice facility...especially if he plans on adding multi-use functions to the complex.  

*If he does decide to cut ties with Wofford for training camp, I would imagine Tep would want to build near or in SC to keep them part of the Carolina family.

Maybe they could build it on Levineland somebody’s gotta build there. Levine ain’t. Lennar ain’t. 

• Like 1