Carolina Panthers

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I do think we pull out of Spartanburg for training camp...Wofford was a Richardson thing.  Tep will want to start his new tradition somewhere else, possibly wherever he decides to build the new practice facility...especially if he plans on adding multi-use functions to the complex.  

Agreed on Tep wanting out of Wofford. I secretly hope they pick UNC Charlotte for their new training facilities. I think that would be a great sign, it's a public school, the football team there is only starting out, and this would be a huge boost for the football program there!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JBS said:

Comparing Lennar to Levine is unfair.  And, I've read on this board that they are waiting on permits.

They are permitted and ready to go, should break ground next month. The only thing Daniel Levine is going to break ground on is his ground breaking ability to do nothing.

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Agreed on Tep wanting out of Wofford. I secretly hope they pick UNC Charlotte for their new training facilities. I think that would be a great sign, it's a public school, the football team there is only starting out, and this would be a huge boost for the football program there!

Betting on a big multi-use project just over the SC border.  Something on par with the Cowboys and Vikings.  Will be surprised if it's in NC.

• Like 1

One particular drive epitomized the Panthers’ woeful efforts yesterday ...

DJ Moore has spectacular 82-yard catch-and-run.

Gets run down from behind when Panthers need TD. 

Blocker collided with Cam, Cam sacked. 

Gano boinks chip-shot FG.

Panthers lose to team in gray pajamas.

• Like 1

Just a bad weekend for sports for me.  Kemba drops 60 and loses in OT (bad call from ref in regulation too that would have won the game)...And now, I just don't know which Panthers are going to show up on gameday.  My confidence in them is not as strong as in the beginning of the season...I had them splitting games with the Saints, I now think they will get swept by them (hope I'm wrong).  We need division leaders to keep winning for us to be a wild card.  These next 3 games are crucial.  Need some W's before that nightmare of 2 Saints games in 3 weeks begins.

23 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Just a bad weekend for sports for me.  Kemba drops 60 and loses in OT (bad call from ref in regulation too that would have won the game)...And now, I just don't know which Panthers are going to show up on gameday.  My confidence in them is not as strong as in the beginning of the season...I had them splitting games with the Saints, I now think they will get swept by them (hope I'm wrong).  We need division leaders to keep winning for us to be a wild card.  These next 3 games are crucial.  Need some W's before that nightmare of 2 Saints games in 3 weeks begins.

At present, I stand by: swept by Saints and beaten again by Falcons.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Will be lucky to finish 8-8 at this point.

Sigh...not looking good.  Big loss though today...Seattle takes the tie breaker and now everyone is bunched up in the Wild Card race.  I can't remember the last time we lost 3 in a row either.  Tired of not finishing games we should win.  Tired of the Defense's performance (mainly secondary), and I'm tired of Gano's missed kicks.  But, onto the next must win games (last place bucs & browns).  We don't win both of those, bye bye playoffs imo.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 3:06 PM, InSouthPark said:

Any chance they buy the Cato land and take over development with Lincoln Harris on building that out?  Visibility would be huge if they put the practice facility along the highway. 

I think LH could be partner there.  They have already started office development with Roundpoint Mortgage building but a Panthers training facility could be good to speed up the rest of the development.  And by now I am sure Lincoln Harris has talked to Mr Tepper about the Legacy 2nd block too.  Could be some development there oriented towards the stadium maybe like more retail or hotels across from the stadium. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Might as well call it season after today. Kiss the playoffs goodbye. Jesus what a disaster these last 4 weeks have been. BS. 

The last eight weeks or so have included some of the worst overall situational decision making I've seen, from all levels.  Rushing two lineman (!!!) on third down while only single covering arguably the best WR in the league.  Throwing long passes down the field/into the end zone on 3rd and 4th downs when we only need 5-10 for a first down.  Constant inability to adapt to our offensive and defensive lines getting trucked.  It's gotten really bad, really fast.  Washington definitely needs to go.  I think Turner should probably stay, and Rivera should be allowed to finish out the year, but anything less than a winning record means we should probably move on to someone else.  In fact I'd argue we should lose out from here in order to get a better spot in the draft, and we need to go all in on offensive and defensive linemen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nicholas said:

The last eight weeks or so have included some of the worst overall situational decision making I've seen, from all levels.  Rushing two lineman (!!!) on third down while only single covering arguably the best WR in the league.  Throwing long passes down the field/into the end zone on 3rd and 4th downs when we only need 5-10 for a first down.  Constant inability to adapt to our offensive and defensive lines getting trucked.  It's gotten really bad, really fast.  Washington definitely needs to go.  I think Turner should probably stay, and Rivera should be allowed to finish out the year, but anything less than a winning record means we should probably move on to someone else.  In fact I'd argue we should lose out from here in order to get a better spot in the draft, and we need to go all in on offensive and defensive linemen.

Already making some moves:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article222546435.html#storylink=latest_side

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

The real move that needs to be made is firing Ron. The biggest issues this team has had over the years (blowing leads, reverting to lazy play calling, coming into games unprepared, taking the foot off the gas) stems from coaching. Ron needs to look at himself rather than firing some scapegoats 

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2