Carolina Panthers

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, InSouthPark said:

Any chance they buy the Cato land and take over development with Lincoln Harris on building that out?  Visibility would be huge if they put the practice facility along the highway. 

Looks like I might have been right.  Direction mention of the site in this new article from post and courier

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/carolina-panthers-plan-to-build-team-hq-practice-facility-in/article_7edc90a2-fd98-11e8-b43f-9baf45c6f9a4.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InSouthPark said:

Looks like I might have been right.  Direction mention of the site in this new article from post and courier

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/carolina-panthers-plan-to-build-team-hq-practice-facility-in/article_7edc90a2-fd98-11e8-b43f-9baf45c6f9a4.html

This is the first step before the team’s stadium gets relocated to SC. Mark my words. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

This is the first step before the team’s stadium gets relocated to SC. Mark my words. 

Doubt it...but it is one helluva negotiation tactic.  Charlotte and NC will bend over backwards to keep the Panthers Uptown.  No one in the city or state wants to be the politicians that let the Panthers leave the city and state to SC.  They will leverage that into a sweet sweet deal. 

27 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Might get threatened for incentives, but it'll never happen. I'll eat the other oldest dirties shoe I own.  ( I am planning on eating the other if light rail gets extened 6 miles to Fort Mill)

Edited by Guest

Big game tonight guys!  This is a do or die game tonight to salvage any playoff hopes.  We don't like them, they don't like us.  

One of my favorite moments: Smitty

This team lacks that grit.  The not afraid to get down and dirty once in awhile.  The not on my turf mentality.  What better way to end this 5 game losing streak on Monday Night Football.  But we'll see, if they can get the W tonight.  It's a fantastic day out, expect a big crowd!

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies" -Shawshank Redemption

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

25 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I don’t like Ron in do or die situations. How have they not fired him yet

Who do you turn the team over to for the rest of the year tho? Turner? He isn’t going to create a spark and has said he doesn’t want to be HC again. I’m just happy if it happens Black Monday. 

If we had one of our last two DC’s still here, I would bet Ron would be canned and let them take over. Of course if those guys were still here, we might not be in the predicament. 

21 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I don’t like Ron in do or die situations. How have they not fired him yet

I think Ron deserves to be able to finish out the season, regardless of how the remaining games turn out.  Despite this season, his overall success here warrants that imo.  From my understanding, he hasn't lost the locker room and players still want to play for him.  If we don't make the playoffs, it will be interesting to Tepper's approach on this though.  

1 hour ago, InSouthPark said:

Who do you turn the team over to for the rest of the year tho? Turner? He isn’t going to create a spark and has said he doesn’t want to be HC again. I’m just happy if it happens Black Monday. 

If we had one of our last two DC’s still here, I would bet Ron would be canned and let them take over. Of course if those guys were still here, we might not be in the predicament. 

Does it matter? They aren’t making the playoffs, might as well go for a good pick at this point 

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 3

Cam really just needs to be shut down for the season. I’m not a doctor, but from personal experience with shoulder injuries, I can’t imagine they’re doing him any favors by continuing to play him. Not to mention that opposing defenses don’t need to worry about covering anyone more than fifteen yards down the field. 

• Thanks 1

Scant weeks ago we were 6-2 and complaining, “Damn, but for a couple of plays we’d be undefeated!” 
Never seen a team’s wheels come off quite like this.

That’s shot to Cams shoulder by Watt in the Steelers game did him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk