Carolina Panthers

9 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

19-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on man, that is totally not how the story goes. 

12-8. 

8-8 regular season,  then beat Brees, Rodgers, and Brady in  a row in the playoffs and they all retire after the season in shame for losing to an 8-8 team in the playoffs.  Then after those retirements, we got 2 more SB's in us over the next 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

12-8. 

8-8 regular season,  then beat Brees, Rodgers, and Brady in  a row in the playoffs and they all retire after the season in shame for losing to an 8-8 team in the playoffs.  Then after those retirements, we got 2 more SB's in us over the next 3 years.

I like this.  The only slight stretch (though not impossible) is an 8-8 (or worse) wildcard team.  Other than that, it's perfectly do-able.

Edited by grodney

10 hours ago, HopHead said:

Big Panthers news today... They signed DT Gerald McCoy to bolster that defensive line. He stated one of the biggest reasons he decided to sign with the Panthers was the chemistry with the team. What was a weakness last year, has really be upgraded this off-season. If everyone stays healthy, this will be a nasty defense.  #KeepPounding

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26889495/ex-bucs-dt-mccoy-chooses-play-panthers

easily a top 10 DT in the league who was owed $13m by Tampa, this is a HUGE pickup and move. On top of that the contract is very incentive based so we aren't even over paying to "rent" him for a year. Great move

• Like 2

12-8. 

I love this narrative, but I dunno if I can take 8 regular season losses again.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

I saw where the Panthers are moving their headquarters to South Carolina.  Part of the deal is that all Panthers employees, including players, are exempt from state income tax for 15 years.

But since they play their home games in NC and presumably still practice in NC, won't they still have to pay NC taxes?  But maybe not as much?

Any accountants out there know what the effect will be for the Panthers players?

• Like 1

I like this.  The only slight stretch (though not impossible) is an 8-8 (or worse) wildcard team.  Other than that, it's perfectly do-able.

I was gonna say, oh ye of little faith. Remember, in the not-so-distant past, the season the panthers made it into the divisional round of the playoffs after going 7-8-1?

In theory, a team could not win a single regular season game and still make the playoffs. 0-0-16 is still a .500 record. In practice, the most improbable record possible, even if you were trying and every game was rigged; but there is still that microscopic sliver of a chance.

All this jabbering leads me to my ‘19-‘20 prediction:

19-0 or 4-0-16

I was gonna say, oh ye of little faith. Remember, in the not-so-distant past, the season the panthers made it into the divisional round of the playoffs after going 7-8-1?

In theory, a team could not win a single regular season game and still make the playoffs. 0-0-16 is still a .500 record. In practice, the most improbable record possible, even if you were trying and every game was rigged; but there is still that microscopic sliver of a chance.

All this jabbering leads me to my ‘19-‘20 prediction:

19-0 or 4-0-16

I don’t think that works, in any theory. Cuz to lose 16, everyone in division would have 2 wins at least. Thus no playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

His prediction followed his discussion of the most improbable result of 16 tie games. Thus the 4-0-16 is four playoff wins, zero regular season wins, and 16 regular season ties. (This did require some brain power to unlock these results from his post)

ohhh yea. good point.

• 2 weeks later...
His prediction followed his discussion of the most improbable result of 16 tie games. Thus the 4-0-16 is four playoff wins, zero regular season wins, and 16 regular season ties. (This did require some brain power to unlock these results from his post)

Close. It would be 4 playoff victories (technically you wouldn’t have to get in as a wildcard spot; but, again, insanely improbable; the math is sound,) 0 regular season losses, and 16 regular season ties. So a regular season record of 0-0-16 and a playoff record of 4-0-0.

For example. The Panthers 2014 regular season record was 7-8-1, and their playoff record was 1-1-0. So, their overall record came out to a fairly improbable 8-9-1.

That said; it’s amazing the mutterings that can come to form after a few Coppers.

We're trying to purchase tickets today but does anyone know which side is the away side for the London game?  I say away, bc I think the Panthers are the away team for that game but the seating chart doesn't specify.  Also, if anyone knows what section the roaring riots have claimed...would like to sit next to fellow fans (Or any UP's).

50 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

We're trying to purchase tickets today but does anyone know which side is the away side for the London game?  I say away, bc I think the Panthers are the away team for that game but the seating chart doesn't specify.  Also, if anyone knows what section the roaring riots have claimed...would like to sit next to fellow fans (Or any UP's).

I'll ask roaring riot.

I'm late to do this but I'm planning a week-long trip for the London game. Does anyone have recommendations regarding flights and game tickets? Trying to keep things as cheap as possible. I'm tempted to do Priceline round trip for around $750. And I'm keeping an eye on StubHub for tickets.

I've only had a layover in Heathrow and didn't get to see the city, so I figured the Panthers game was the perfect excuse to finally see London!

Edited by cjolley92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cjolley92 said:

I'm late to do this but I'm planning a week-long trip for the London game. Does anyone have recommendations regarding flights and game tickets? Trying to keep things as cheap as possible. I'm tempted to do Priceline round trip for around $750. And I'm keeping an eye on StubHub for tickets.

I've only had a layover in Heathrow and didn't get to see the city, so I figured the Panthers game was the perfect excuse to finally see London!

IMO if you can get a round trip from CLT to LHR with a schedule that suits you for $750 I would do it. There will be cheaper fares floating around, but they will probably come with lots of compromises (day, schedule, or Stanstead / Luton).

These NFL are pretty popular with the locals so cheap game tickets may be tough to find.

If cheapness is important buy an Oyster (transit) card straightaway and load about 10gbp on it for each day. London has fare capping which (depending on how many zones you travel in each day) are typically around 10gbp max per day.  Transit will get you _everywhere_ you will want to go and you will pay more than that just to sit in a black cab.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cjolley92 said:

I was looking at flights from Newark to London 10/10-10/14, typically found something around $400 round trip.  And either use some miles or just book a flight that's ~$190 round trip from Charlotte to Newark on a separate itinerary.

First time I went to London I got lucky and my trip lined up with a Scott's Cheap Flight notification for $550 from Charlotte but I've not seen anything like that since that one time.  I think that was a freak thing

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Thanks 1

Whatever we all do (I still haven’t booked flight, bc I don’t know where I’ll be living in October) but we definitely have to have a UP London meetup.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Whatever we all do (I still haven’t booked flight, bc I don’t know where I’ll be living in October) but we definitely have to have a UP London meetup.

Cloudwater taproom on the Bermondsey mile is making some great beers and cool spot to hang out at (was just there this weekend).  The whole Bermondsey mile experience was really cool and a great adaptive use under the rail tracks!

Edited by InSouthPark

12 hours ago, cjolley92 said:

Been tracking flights for the last 2 months or so. I have seen them down in the $500s occasionally and even high $400s but that is for Wednesday to Monday. Also considered going to Paris or Dublin for a day or two if its cheaper and taking a cheap flight into London.

Luckily purchased tickets the morning they went on sale, now just missing the whole getting there part!

32 minutes ago, a2theb said:

Been tracking flights for the last 2 months or so. I have seen them down in the $500s occasionally and even high $400s but that is for Wednesday to Monday. Also considered going to Paris or Dublin for a day or two if its cheaper and taking a cheap flight into London.

Luckily purchased tickets the morning they went on sale, now just missing the whole getting there part!

haha. I'd like to fly to either Barcelona, Venice, Vienna or Budapest, and then figure out how to get there. But again, no idea where I'm going to be living in October. Hopefully Charlotte.