Carolina Panthers

Tonight's game is exactly why I say our game vs Tampa doesn't count.  Yes, it's a tick in the W column, but as far as a "quality win" it's garbage, we almost lost.  Good news is that we get to play them again at home later this year!

EDIT: That said, the Detroit game was a good test for us and Roethlisberger (spelled that right the first time around, surprised myself!) will be ready.  Two tickets in the lower bowl this time around. Can't wait to see the city lit up!

Edited by AuLukey

After last night's showing, clearly seat owners didn't listen and sold their tickets to Steeler fans.  There were more yellow towels than white towels.  Also, Panther fans clearly had no idea how to use the towels.  They were waving them when our defense was faced their way... newbs.

It's a shame it was such a terrible game, Panthers fans were loud on the opening drive for a change.  Would've been nice if they hadn't given up after the 3rd quarter.

I'll be happy if we end up breaking the back-to-back winning season curse.  9-7

#89 was outstanding...It made me want to vommit seeing him play for the opposing team.

Did you watch the game Gettleman? Did you see the guy who had two touchdowns and 139 yards receiving against your defense???

Yes but that said, Benjamin has continued to prove his worth and was the one really bright spot on our side in this game. Cam did as well as I could expect; I agree with the announcers in that these injuries are actually making him a better pocket passer and may make him a better QB in the long run. It was our defense that completely and embarrassingly fell apart again. 

I didn't like seeing Cam get banged up like he did. Got a little worried when he was holding his wrist for a minute. And Smith was absolutely awesome. He certainly proved a point today. I got a kick out of when he said that no receiver over the age of 30 has ever gotten 700 yards in a season and followed that with "I'm gonna crush it". Classic Steve.

He would be extremely wrong, if that's what he said. Jerry Rice had 1000 yards at the advanced age of 40!

Did you mean 1700? If that's what he said then that'd be true. Jimmy smith had 1636 at the age of 35

Edited by Guest

I have to be honest, I thought the Panthers were toast when they got down 21-7. That missed FG by Chicago and the ensuing TD drive to end the first half were huge for the Panthers. The team showed a lot of fight. Cam did a better job in the second half getting rid of the ball faster and was helped by having a bit of a running game with essentially 3rd string guys. Defense finally came to play too.

Edited by wend28

I have to be honest, I thought the Panthers were toast when they got down 21-7. That missed FG by Chicago and the ensuing TD drive to end the first half were huge for the Panthers. The team showed a lot of fight. Cam did a better job in the second half getting rid of the ball faster and was helped by having a bit of a running game with essentially 3rd string guys. Defense finally came to play too.

We showed in the second half what i've been saying for 3 weeks. We aren't implementing a system that takes advantage of our personnel. As soon as we got away from Ball Control Offense we flourished. If we had a stout offensive line and healthy running backs we could easily run a ball control offense, but we don't. We need to ride the no huddle for a year, until we have enough cap to sign some offensive hog mollies. And for chris sakes, fire Shula, he has no business running an offense with Cam Newton under center, he's wasting Cam's strengths. 

Edited by Guest

We showed in the second half what i've been saying for 3 weeks. We aren't implementing a system that takes advantage of our personnel. As soon as we got away from Ball Control Offense we flourished. If we had a stout offensive line and healthy running backs we could easily run a ball control offense, but we don't. We need to ride the no huddle for a year, until we have enough cap to sign some offensive hog mollies. And for chris sakes, fire Shula, he has no business running an offense with Cam Newton under center, he's wasting Cam's strengths. 

Cam has become a much better pocket passer this year than some realize. Just imagine what Cam and the Panthers would be able to do if they had the 49ers RB's and offensive line. Agree on the no huddle offense. 

Cam has become a much better pocket passer this year than some realize. Just imagine what Cam and the Panthers would be able to do if they had the 49ers RB's and offensive line. Agree on the no huddle offense. 

I couldn't agree more. They just need to utilize his pocket presence more effectly. 

I guess a tie is.....okay??? Dumb game. 

ah59396......final season record update please.

Hahahaha.  I'm too confused now. :blink:

A tie is better than a loss I suppose.  But Rivera's gutless call got bailed out by a hapless kicker.  4th in 1, on the road with the best short yardage QB in the league and you don't play for the win!?  Instead you kick a field goal and put it on your defense (who really has turned out to be pretty lousy) and hope they can stop the Bengals.  Riverboat Ron my butt.

13-2-1

• Like 1