Carolina Panthers

2 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

I'm kinda glad they're  still getting no respect.  We saw what happened last time someone picked an NFC East team to beat them.  Not saying it will happen this time, but they seem to get an extra bit of fuel from the pundits picking against them.  I wish the pundit establishment would pick against them more often, I think it makes them play at another level.

I don't think anyone picked Atlanta :) 

22 minutes ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

14-0 It was not pretty today, but a win is a win even by 3 points.

How is it possible that Beckham wasn't kicked out of the game. It tells me that the Giants have no ethics, basically what is known as douche bags. What a charged up game. How about the kick that saved the world? I hope that we were humbled by the comeback and it won't happen again. At half time, I felt confident that we were untouchable by any other team. Now, I just hope we learn from our errors of the game and kick everyone's ass from this time on. I guess that Charlotte is on everyone's map now and hopefully dummys realize that we're the one in N.C. By the way RiverwoodCLT, this wasn't meant to be a response to your posting, so excuse me.

Edited by caterpillar2

I am so sick of watching this team play three quarters of shutdown football only to watch them cough up monster leads in the fourth.  If they do that in the playoffs, especially since the divisional matchup looks like it might be against Seattle, they will get beaten very quickly.  Cam did great and offense did really well, but a few key turnovers, and a defense thatdecided to coast through the fourth quarter almost cost them the game again.  Virtually the same thing happened when they played Indy and Green Bay, and it is infuriating.

In Carolina's defense though, NY had some help from the refs.  OBJ should have been thrown out in the second quarter, but that helmet to helmet shot against Norman in the 3rd should have definitely gotten him ejected.  Absolutely ridiculous that they let that crap occur.

This defense is nasty but wow they have blown a ton of leads this year. And Norman was a clown today too. It wasn't just Odell they were both acting like animals. But yeah Odell's behavior was worse. He will be fined and such

yeah a win is a win and Cam is so clutch 

Edited by Jayvee

7 hours ago, Third Strike said:

^ Which bar is in the top picture? I've always wondered where I could watch a Panthers game in NYC. Google tells me Brother Jimmy's BBQ on the Upper East Side is one of them.

Amity Hall, Greenwich village, the official home of the Carolina Panthers. Hit me up I'll be there in two weeks. 

16-0 is cool and all, but with the way Kalil, Ginn and Cam got beat up today, I really see no reason to start these guys, or at the least play them more than a half against the terrible ATL and terrible TB teams. They have a real shot at a SB, it's not worth the risk.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but I am assuming the Cardinals somehow own the tie break over us? If they didn't we would have clinched the #1 seed today regardless cause worst case now is a tie with records.

Edited by Jayvee

3 hours ago, Dale said:

Cam and offense - A

Defense - D+

I agree-what has happened to our defense lately?  They've been so inconsistent.  Some games they look impenetrable, and then some games they just get picked apart, usually in the fourth quarter.  If this defense would just play four quarters of football rather than three, we would have blowout wins in every game since game seven with the exception of the N.O. game.  Instead we have almost lost control of three of those last seven late in the game.  In the first few games, it was defense saving offense's tail, now offense is having to drag defense along.  Considering we have a solid defensive line, arguably the best linebacker corps in the league, and a solid secondary including a shutdown corner, it boggles my mind that games like today's even occur. 

I am very worried about the playoffs right now.

A win is a win.  This is the NFL and Eli Manning is a clutch qb.  Every team can beat any other on any given week.  So I'll take a win any way we get it.

1.  We have to go for 16-0.  Resting players is a myth in my opinion.  These guys could get hurt on any dang play.  I'd rather we keep our mojo.  Usually, the team with a ton of momentum is the one that wins the Superbowl.  We already have a bye week in the first round.  I don't want any of our guys sitting 2-3 weeks without meaningful snaps.

2.  Cardinals own the tie breaker if we both finish 14-2, because they played one more conference game this year than we did and the tie breaker after head to head is overall conference record.  They would have one more win.

3.  Defense will be fine.  They were put in really tough spots multiple time following the CAP fumble and the blocked field goal.  At the end of the day they made a pick in the endzone (good to have Peanut back).

It was a good win without Stew.  Keep Pounding.

Oh.  And Cam Newton is just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

A win is a win.  This is the NFL and Eli Manning is a clutch qb.  Every team can beat any other on any given week.  So I'll take a win any way we get it.

1.  We have to go for 16-0.  Resting players is a myth in my opinion.  These guys could get hurt on any dang play.  I'd rather we keep our mojo.  Usually, the team with a ton of momentum is the one that wins the Superbowl.  We already have a bye week in the first round.  I don't want any of our guys sitting 2-3 weeks without meaningful snaps.

2.  Cardinals own the tie breaker if we both finish 14-2, because they played one more conference game this year than we did and the tie breaker after head to head is overall conference record.  They would have one more win.

3.  Defense will be fine.  They were put in really tough spots multiple time following the CAP fumble and the blocked field goal.  At the end of the day they made a pick in the endzone (good to have Peanut back).

It was a good win without Stew.  Keep Pounding.

Oh.  And Cam Newton is just ridiculous.

Good points, especially about not resting starters.  To paraphrase Jim Rome, teams that play to not lose end up losing, and teams that play to keep from getting injured get injured.  That said, I hope they do at least give second string some snaps if we build comfortable leads in the last two games.  Of course as we saw today comfortable leads don't necessarily equate to assured wins.

As for Cam, he's killing it right now.  Today he had 340 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, and 5 TDs (a first in the NFL).  But what was most impressive was the stoicism he displayed after the NYG tied the game in the 4th.  In years past he would have been sulking after blowing a lead like that, but today that fierce look of determination and that simple nod said it all.  Hell, it calmed me down.  The dude is ice cold under pressure; he acts more like a battlefield commander than a QB in do or die situations. I haven't always been a huge Cam fan, but ever since Seattle he's turned me into a believer.

#CaMVP

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14408881/cam-newton-turns-another-mvp-performance-carolina-panthers-needed-most-nfl

Edited by cltbwimob

11 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

I agree-what has happened to our defense lately?  They've been so inconsistent.  Some games they look impenetrable, and then some games they just get picked apart, usually in the fourth quarter.  If this defense would just play four quarters of football rather than three, we would have blowout wins in every game since game seven with the exception of the N.O. game.  Instead we have almost lost control of three of those last seven late in the game.  In the first few games, it was defense saving offense's tail, now offense is having to drag defense along.  Considering we have a solid defensive line, arguably the best linebacker corps in the league, and a solid secondary including a shutdown corner, it boggles my mind that games like today's even occur. 

I am very worried about the playoffs right now.

All comes down to pressure on the QB and our line not recording a single sack against Eli.  Against Green Bay and Indy where the game had a similar flow, we stopped getting pressure on the QB allowing them to pick us apart late.  Kudos to the Giants line for playing the Dolphins (strong dline) and us while only giving up 1 sack.  Especially on a short week.

^^^Proud of our guys, especially J. Stewart and T. Davis.

Also, according to the media Cam is starting to pull away in the MVP race, and Greg Olsen is one of the finalists for the WPMOY award.  Hopefully both Cam and Greg win.

Its shaping up to be quite a 20th anniversary for the franchise. Let's bring home those Super Bowl rings to cap off this historic year.

#5more

• Like 2

Awesome that the Panthers got 10 players in Pro Bowl (most in franchise history). Hopefully we don't see them play in Hawaii -- that means they are in the Super Bowl :)

BTW - Not sure if anyone actually tried yesterday, but those (limited number) divisional round playoff tickets sold out in 3 minutes. No luck here. 

Edited by HopHead

8 minutes ago, HopHead said:

Awesome that the Panthers got 10 players in Pro Bowl (most in franchise history). Hopefully we don't see them play in Hawaii -- that means they are in the Super Bowl :)

BTW - Not sure if anyone actually tried yesterday, but those (limited number) divisional round playoff tickets sold out in 3 minutes. No luck here. 

I was on Ticketmaster's site before 6 and jumped into action right on time.  Chose my seat preference and quantity maybe at 6:00:12 and still didn't get anything.

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 9:31 PM, ah59396 said:

2.  Cardinals own the tie breaker if we both finish 14-2, because they played one more conference game this year than we did and the tie breaker after head to head is overall conference record.  They would have one more win

Not to argue your point, because we have to win one more game (or Arizona loss) to secure home-field advantage regardless, but Arizona has the same number of conference games as Carolina this season.  It's the fact that one of their two losses came against Pittsburgh, which are AFC.  So if they were to win-out and the Panthers were to lose-out (aka bench the starters,) their conference record would be 11-1 and Carolina's would be 10-2, thus winning the tie at 14-2.  If we bench our starters, that's entirely plausible.  Their last two opponents are Green Bay and Seattle, both of which have secured playoff spots as well.  Arizona's game won't start until Carolina's is over (or just about,) so I'm sure their game plan will entirely change based on that outcome.  Arizona only stands to gain anything by winning IF the Panthers lose.  If not, they can coast the last two games on the second string.

Riverboat Ron, I say play for history and don't even worry about it.  That and I don't want to drive to Atlanta to watch Derek Anderson play the whole game.  ^_^

Side question: Have teammates ever won WPMOTY in back-to-back years?  I feel like that hurts Olsen's chances, if only just a little.  But hey, I'll be happy with the Panthers receiving MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, and a pocket full of Superbowl rings.