Carolina Panthers

11 hours ago, AuLukey said:

Not to argue your point, because we have to win one more game (or Arizona loss) to secure home-field advantage regardless, but Arizona has the same number of conference games as Carolina this season.  It's the fact that one of their two losses came against Pittsburgh, which are AFC.  So if they were to win-out and the Panthers were to lose-out (aka bench the starters,) their conference record would be 11-1 and Carolina's would be 10-2, thus winning the tie at 14-2.  If we bench our starters, that's entirely plausible.  Their last two opponents are Green Bay and Seattle, both of which have secured playoff spots as well.  Arizona's game won't start until Carolina's is over (or just about,) so I'm sure their game plan will entirely change based on that outcome.  Arizona only stands to gain anything by winning IF the Panthers lose.  If not, they can coast the last two games on the second string.

Riverboat Ron, I say play for history and don't even worry about it.  That and I don't want to drive to Atlanta to watch Derek Anderson play the whole game.  ^_^

Side question: Have teammates ever won WPMOTY in back-to-back years?  I feel like that hurts Olsen's chances, if only just a little.  But hey, I'll be happy with the Panthers receiving MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, and a pocket full of Superbowl rings.

That makes more sense than what I said. I think I must have half been listening to the radio when they explained that, haha. Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

So it's looking rather likely the Panthers play the Seahawks in the divisional round (#3 Green Bay beats #6 Vikings and #5 Seattle is probably going to smoke #4 Washington, so #1 Panthers will play #5 Seattle, etc). How interesting/epic of a rematch will that be?! In our house this time....

Edited by Jayvee

14 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

So it's looking rather likely the Panthers play the Seahawks in the divisional round (#3 Green Bay beats #6 Vikings and #5 Seattle is probably going to smoke #4 Washington, so #1 Panthers will play #5 Seattle, etc). How interesting/epic of a rematch will that be?! In our house this time....

The one team I absolutely do not want to meet in the Playoffs is Seattle, so I hope that scenario is wrong.

I don't think it's a given that Seattle wins the wildcard game against Washington.  Washington will be playing at home that game and they are a different team at home vs away.

• Like 1

It was. I'd rather them get a loss out of their system now. That was the definition of a trap game, we weren't focused, they were. We thought it would be too easy and they wanted to spoil our party. Cam had a terrible game which I don't think will happen again. The defense is what really concerns me, they have not played well at all lately (NYG, Indy, GB, today)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

It was. I'd rather them get a loss out of their system now. That was the definition of a trap game, we weren't focused, they were. We thought it would be too easy and they wanted to spoil our party. Cam had a terrible game which I don't think will happen again. The defense is what really concerns me, they have not played well at all lately (NYG, Indy, GB, today)

Defense only gave up 17.  They weren't really that bad.

3 hours ago, ah59396 said:

Defense only gave up 17.  They weren't really that bad.

Well, I guess I should have added context, I meant "bad" for them...."bad" for being one of the top defenses in the league. Julio Jones can burn, out play any corner so I don't blame norman. But the secondary was just annihilated all game. And the blown leads are concerning as well. I am terrified of the Cardinals....

1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

Well, I guess I should have added context, I meant "bad" for them...."bad" for being one of the top defenses in the league. Julio Jones can burn, out play any corner so I don't blame norman. But the secondary was just annihilated all game. And the blown leads are concerning as well. I am terrified of the Cardinals....

No doubt.  The Cards look solid.  

1 hour ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

I hope their next road game is in Levi's Stadium, in San Francisco on Feb. 7. 2016.

If they do. I'll be there.

who will be at the divisional game in Jan, I'm dying to tailgate with some of you guys.