Carolina Panthers

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Don't think I'll be making it to Charlotte, officially. At least I got to go to the Divisional Game.

You should have just stayed in town like all of FOX Sports' cameras and production equipment.   Hate you won't be able to make it back down, but like HopHead said, we will drink and cheer for you Sunday!  Also, it's pretty cool that the pre- and post-game shows will be live from BofA Stadium instead of from FOX's LA studio.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2016/01/fox-navigates-weather-delays-for-nfc-title-game.html

I have a ticket in 531, row 1, seat 1 if anyone is interested. Looking for $250, but open to offers. I know this isn't a classifieds thread, but thought someone here might want to go. I have friends coming into town now that aren't going to the game, so I figured I'd watch with them instead of going to the game by myself.

Carolina is the best team in football.  There have been a lot of questions surrounding them even going into tonight, but this should put all critics to rest.  This game was billed as the contest of the two best and Carolina was dominant at every level.  Cam dominated.  Our subpar receivers looked like the elite group Arizona was supposed to have.  Our running game was good, our O-line was awesome, our special teams were good.  Our front seven pressured Palmer all night.  Our secondary that was supposed to get eaten alive by the outstanding cardinals receivers shredded those receivers with great coverages and tons of interceptions.  We forced turnover after turnover...

We still have one more game to play, and I will never call a game before it begins because I believe any team in the NFL can beat any other team.  But the Carolina Panthers are the most complete, most talented all around team in Pro football.  If anyone still doubts that, then they aren't paying attention.

In the 20th year of the franchise the Panthers are going to Super Bowl 50 with 10 pro bowlers and the MVP of the league.  Get pumped...This team is epic!!!!

Edited by cltbwimob
  • Like 2

That was fun. 4 hours of tailgating, sun burn on my cheeks, soar throat, starting to get sick, and a few hours of sleep...SO WORTH IT! 

We had nosebleed seats but just being in the building was awesome. I also went to the NFC Championship in Philly but this one was way more fun being able to celebrate with all the fans (instead of hiding like we did in Philly).

• Like 1

What a game!  Watching all the excited fans and hearing the announcers state how the press boxes were shaking almost brought a happy tear to my eye.  Just read this article about Cam from Bleacher Report that sums up my feelings for him.  His antics have annoyed me a little in the past, but they've become somewhat endearing to me now.  Keep Pounding!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2610770-cam-newton-is-the-breath-of-fresh-air-the-super-bowl-and-the-nfl-need?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

• Like 1

And so it is that John Fox's last two teams for which he was the head coach are now facing off in the Super Bowl... without him.

While I didn't get to go to the game, my roommate did.  He said he has never heard that stadium so loud in his life (and we usually try to go to 3-4 home games per year.)

After all the disrespect the Panthers (and Charlotte) received from Pheonix as a whole last week, it's fitting how awful their team played.  It is a shame that so many Cardinals fans were rerouted through Charleston due to the weather.  They didn't have the chance to pump more cash into the local economy here and see what kind of city Charlotte really is.

Side note: stay away from any retailers with Panthers merch.  It's like Black Friday out there!

13 hours ago, AuLukey said:

While I didn't get to go to the game, my roommate did.  He said he has never heard that stadium so loud in his life (and we usually try to go to 3-4 home games per year.)

Its funny because watching on TV, you couldn't really tell this time. Watching the Seahawks game a week ago, it was obvious to me from home that the stadium had never been louder, and they showed some great shots around Charlotte, just a great showcase for the city pre and during the game. For this game I saw almost no crowd shots apart from the ball giveaways, and every aerial shot seemed carefully framed to avoid showing the context within uptown. Full disclosure I was watching a stream that cuts the commercials, so there may have been some context shots that it cut out, but I just thought it was still pretty odd treatment for the biggest game we've ever hosted. Is it a Fox thing (can't remember which network the Seahawks game was on)?

I went to both playoff games, sat in the same side of the stadium (two different sections) and will tell you both games were definitely the liveliest I've ever witnessed. The NFC Title game was probably a slightly more crazy environment, though keep in mind I had tailgated for about 5 hours too, haha... NFL Network is rebroadcasting the game this afternoon (have the DVR set), so I plan to watch the broadcast. Friends of mine that saw the game on TV thought everything came through nicely but didn't say anything about capturing stadium/city camera shots. I don't pay too much attention that stuff normally. Though, they did make a point to say we must have been having a good time when that fan fell out on the field after the Luke Kuechly pick-six..

Edited by HopHead

Not sure if any or many other NFL owners do this, but Jerry Richardson is paying for ALL Panthers staff and interns to attend the Super Bowl.  He did this in 2004 as well.  I'm sure he's made plenty of money this year, but wow, that's a really nice gesture.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article56730033.html

• Like 1

A few things for those superstitious fans. Broncos are forcing the Panthers to wear black ( they are wearing white) because of their own history losing every Super Bowl where they chose to wear orange. Panthers have never won in the post season wearing anything but white (9-4 in white, 0-2 in black). 10 of the last 11 teams wearing white have won the Super Bowl (hopefully we can make 10 of the last 12). Also, the Broncos are 5-0 this year with the referee assigned to the Super Bowl. Not that any of this really matters, just a few interesting factoids.

I feel like the Panther's defense is going to close down Peyton Manning.  He can not get out of the pocket like Cam.  It may be a long day for Peyton.  Many say Denver has a best defense, they also said the Cardinals has a great defense. If the Panthers play like they did against the Cardinals, I think we will win the Super Bowl ..

Edited by RiverwoodCLT