Carolina Panthers

2 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Care to share the source for that quote?  I wasn't aware he said that.  Would love to see the context.

Not sure if that direct quote was from media day but he did say last night that prior to his arrival the team was the laughing stock of the league.  A few times he started down an "I" road and then veered back to team speak.  I love Cam and what he's saying isn't incorrect but it could rub some people wrong if they would prefer the canned answers we've heard a million times.

29 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

Well, like I said it is probably not a bad thing. I am sorry...I just don't like comments like "The panthers were nothing before I got here" that is the exactly what arrogant is. The dude is acts like a spoiled brat.

Just as you have heard people say they love CAM...I have heard people say they hate him. There is no right wrong argument here. It is opinion. So please respect mine.

WHAT? He constantly talks about the people that came before him?! The people that paved the way for him. Now I think you have been taking too much cough medicine before bed.

Just enjoy the ride.  As far as I know, Cam has not been in trouble here , other than the accident he had.  I would not trade Cam for any other quarterback in the NFL. He is just enjoying the game.

All the Panthers have had a great season, and winning the Super Bowel will cap it off.

Edited by RiverwoodCLT
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ah59396 said:

Care to share the source for that quote?  I wasn't aware he said that.  Would love to see the context.

Here's a transcript.  I searched for "before" and came up empty.  Didn't take the time to read the whole thing, though.  Just to here:  (on the team effort it took to get to the Super Bowl) "I don't know. I just think it's a lot of supporting cast that went into it. I don't want to take all the credit, because it wasn't just me that made impacts on the field. A lot of guys are getting overlooked and I couldn't, I wouldn't be in this position, we wouldn't be in this position, if it didn't take a collective group of men coming together to be not one, humble, but also coming together and work as a team for another person's glory at times, and also for the team's success overall."

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2016/2/2/10893346/super-bowl-media-day-cam-newton-transcript-opening-night

Edited by grodney
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, grodney said:

Here's a transcript.  I searched for "before" and came up empty.  Didn't take the time to read the whole thing, though.  Just to here:  (on the team effort it took to get to the Super Bowl) "I don't know. I just think it's a lot of supporting cast that went into it. I don't want to take all the credit, because it wasn't just me that made impacts on the field. A lot of guys are getting overlooked and I couldn't, I wouldn't be in this position, we wouldn't be in this position, if it didn't take a collective group of men coming together to be not one, humble, but also coming together and work as a team for another person's glory at times, and also for the team's success overall."

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2016/2/2/10893346/super-bowl-media-day-cam-newton-transcript-opening-night

Not sure how this is arrogant. 

As someone who follows this team probably a little too closely, really is hilarious how Cam does 2 press conferences a week from preseason through the playoffs, and out of 30-60 minutes of content, it's always that one click-baity quote that gets talked about by the same people... every week. If there is one thing we all can honestly agree on, Cam is not always great at dictating his responses, and often uses words incorrectly.  Honestly, after the zoo that is Media Day and all the traps laid for him, it's actually suprising that anyone has to reach this much just to say something negative.  He's damn good at his job and makes the game more entertaining to watch as the multi-billion dollar traveling show it is.  Rice, Peterson, Hardy, Plaxico, Hernandez, Henry, Pac-Man, Carruth... Yeah, but Cam celebrates first downs?!?!? Josh Gordon and Johnny Football also don't take the heat this guy does from the national media.

Edited by MilZ

14 hours ago, MilZ said:

As someone who follows this team probably a little too closely, really is hilarious how Cam does 2 press conferences a week from preseason through the playoffs, and out of 30-60 minutes of content, it's always that one click-baity quote that gets talked about by the same people... every week. If there is one thing we all can honestly agree on, Cam is not always great at dictating his responses, and often uses words incorrectly.  Honestly, after the zoo that is Media Day and all the traps laid for him, it's actually suprising that anyone has to reach this much just to say something negative.  He's damn good at his job and makes the game more entertaining to watch as the multi-billion dollar traveling show it is.  Rice, Peterson, Hardy, Plaxico, Hernandez, Henry, Pac-Man, Carruth... Yeah, but Cam celebrates first downs?!?!? Josh Gordon and Johnny Football also don't take the heat this guy does from the national media.

LOL, I do feel the same way about his press conferences in regards to some of the words he uses.  He seems like a good guy that honestly gets tongue tied a bit and uses some  puzzling analogies.  However, I can't imagine having to answer questions off the cuff all the time without bumbling through them myself, particularly when I know millions of people are going to react to my answer every time.  I'd probably make some pretty awful gaffes as well.  

Sometimes Cam reminds me of Oswald Bates from In Living Color, probably one of my favorite characters Damon Wayans ever did.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Silicon Dogwoods said:

~ Dances in the end zone? Please. The world needs more dancing, fewer stuffy old white guys harrumphing about sportsmanship and that illiterate non-word, 'class.'

giphy8.gif.5e050f53aaefc55eb35f502ca02d8

I'm just hoping Cam has someone helping him with what to say once he wins the MVP + Super Bowl MVP.  I can't imagine what he would say if it was off the cuff.  Can't wait to hear from the haters just the same.  It's getting comical at this point.

I can't say that I agree with everything Cam has said.  But has anyone been listening to Josh Norman?  He REALLY doesn't have a filter sometimes and yet nobody seems to notice because he isn't the center of the media's attention.  Sad part is, I love it

Let the crowd estimate exaggerations begin!

From my building:

"

We would like to notify our tenants of the plans for an uptown Victory Parade for the Carolina Panthers if they emerge victorious on Sunday.  If the parade occurs, it will be on Tuesday, February 9th, beginning at 11:30AM.  It will run from the stadium, down Morehead and onto the length of Tryon Street.  The parade will end at 11th Street and Tryon.  Road closures will begin later on Monday evening. 

Organizers are estimating as many as 250,000 to 500,000 people may be in attendance for this event and have recommended for offices to please consider this information when scheduling meetings, deliveries and guests on Tuesday.  Parking will be constrained, access to the building will be challenged and we expect a lot of loud fans, so noise could be a factor.

If the team does not win, there will be no events scheduled.

"

At 2.5 sq ft per person, and a 1.5 mile route, 250,000 people would be 40 feet deep on each side...or 16 people deep on each side.  Double that for 500,000 people.

That's seems do-able for 250,000.....MAYBE do-able for 500,000 with WAY deeper than average at the intersections.

But the real problem, as noted, would be parking, both uptown and along the rail, right?

I'll be hanging out a window at 400 S Tryon.....except that they don't open.

14 hours ago, grodney said:

At 2.5 sq ft per person, and a 1.5 mile route, 250,000 people would be 40 feet deep on each side...or 16 people deep on each side.  Double that for 500,000 people.

That's seems do-able for 250,000.....MAYBE do-able for 500,000 with WAY deeper than average at the intersections.

But the real problem, as noted, would be parking, both uptown and along the rail, right?

I'll be hanging out a window at 400 S Tryon.....except that they don't open.

If we win-fingers crossed! :D-I'd say a crowd of 250k is a much more realistic number, especially in a metro of 2.5 million.

Gay Pride in August draws a crowd of 100-125k and Tryon Street is crowded. Now imagine that doubled. Few will be able to see anything if they're on the street.

500k seems like the attendance projections for the NASCAR thingie.

Edited by Silicon Dogwoods
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silicon Dogwoods said:

If we win-fingers crossed! :D-I'd say a crowd of 250k is a much more realistic number, especially in a metro of 2.5 million.

Gay Pride in August draws a crowd of 100-125k and Tryon Street is crowded. Now imagine that doubled. Few will be able to see anything if they're on the street.

500k seems like the attendance projections for the NASCAR thingie.

The thing is, Charlotte Pride draws that number over two long days, not all at once for a couple of hours one day. 

It's officially super bowl Sunday.  I've been a Panthers fan since I moved here in '96.  It's time to put Charlotte and the Panthers on the map for good.  We didn't quite go 16-0, but we came damn close.  Let's finish it out.  Keep Pounding.

Panthers 31

Broncos 17

Do it for Tim Biakabatuka

• Like 1

^^^Well if there is any year for it is this year...10 pro-bowlers, 8 all-pros, the league MVP/Offensive player of the year, and the Coach of the Year. Also we have the league's number one offense, and a defense that has the best turnover margin in football.  In terms of pure talent, the 2015-16 Panthers may be one of the best teams of the modern era of the NFL.  

Keep Pounding!!!

Edited by cltbwimob