Carolina Panthers

23 minutes ago, Durhamite said:

Not making excuses but in my opinion too many distractions to focus on football all week.  They're professionals but it had to impact time spent on game planning, logistics, etc.  The performance was about what I expected.

Better teams rise to the occasion.

• Like 1

Cam played terrible and continues to take shots to the head.  He does not look heathy at all.  Offensive line was horrible.  Defense couldn't have made it easier to score if they would have paved a freeway to the end zone for Atlanta.  I think we will be lucky to make it to 8-8 this season. No indication that this is the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year.

Confirms my fears that last year was the Panther's best chance to go all the way. Easy schedule. Weak division. But came into Super Bowl strangely unprepared.

Derek Anderson kept the game closer than expected. But, EGAD! what an awful TD-to-interception rate he has.

TFW you realize the titans (worst team last year) and the panthers (arguably the best team in the league last year, 15-1) are both 1-3.

WTF happened?? The North Carolina L is undefeated LMAO (I can't really talk smack im a titans fans, it sucks). Nah but for real, what happened? And I agree with Dale that last year was the panthers best chance.

Right now the issues are Cam, the line and most of all Ron Rivera. Cam is hurt and has been since Denver. The line is atrocious and the worst part is the coaching. 

There is zero discipline. They are leading the league in penalties. They are playing without motivation and without any sense of urgency. That's all coaching. 

That said, they've started 1-3 before and went 12-4 that year. Still hope. 

The play calling has been incredibly uninspired and hasn't adjusted when it wasn't working these last two games. How many times did they try to run up the middle with Artis-Payne on 1st and 2nd, only to wind up with a 3 and 8 and completely telegraph Cam's pass attempt? On the defensive side, yesterday's game made Norman's absence painfully apparent. I'm sure we could have tried harder to cover Jones, but he still would have gotten away more often than not.

Cam is not healthy.  I don't think he has been since the Denver game.  I would be okay with him getting his health better and having DA work us through to the bye, which I think we can still get to at 3-3.  Lots of season left.  The Seahawks started last year at 2-4.  My greatest concern is our "great front 7" aren't all that great.  Anyone know where Kwan Short and Star are?  Have they gone missing?

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

Cam is not healthy.  I don't think he has been since the Denver game.  I would be okay with him getting his health better and having DA work us through to the bye, which I think we can still get to at 3-3.  Lots of season left.  The Seahawks started last year at 2-4.  My greatest concern is our "great front 7" aren't all that great.  Anyone know where Kwan Short and Star are?  Have they gone missing?

100000% agree Cam needs to sit until the bye. If they want any shot at going deep in the playoffs (or making them at all) he needs to rest. Good news is he's out this week regardless

Okay, so the Vikings are 4-0 and killing people, having just taken down Aaron Rodgers, Cam, and Eli in succession.  The Broncos are 4-0.  And the Falcons are 3-1.  So yeah, if you want your team (aka the Panthers) to be super-bowl competitive, you would want them to fare better in those 3 losses.  But they weren't easy games - obviously.  Hell, the first half of last year was ugly win after ugly win, against a lot of inferior opponents (and some good ones).....4 or 5 plays go the other way, and they were 5-3 or 4-4 instead of 8-0.  

So no need for panic, or worse, resignation.  Although having said that, the Falcons 1 loss was to the Bucs.  At home.  Still trying to figure that one out.

First 4 games done at an ugly 1-3.  I wish I had better news for the next 4.  Obviously have to win Monday.  Then NO at NO --- they're terrible, but you always have to fear Brees...especially at home.  Then the bye week.  Then ARI at home....ARI is struggling (much like CAR), but obviously dangerous if they get right.  And then travel to LA, which looked like a cupcake 4 weeks ago, but now the Rams are 3-1 and surprising everybody.  Yeesh.

34 minutes ago, grodney said:

Okay, so the Vikings are 4-0 and killing people, having just taken down Aaron Rodgers, Cam, and Eli in succession.  The Broncos are 4-0.  And the Falcons are 3-1.  So yeah, if you want your team (aka the Panthers) to be super-bowl competitive, you would want them to fare better in those 3 losses.  But they weren't easy games - obviously.  Hell, the first half of last year was ugly win after ugly win, against a lot of inferior opponents (and some good ones).....4 or 5 plays go the other way, and they were 5-3 or 4-4 instead of 8-0.  

So no need for panic, or worse, resignation.  Although having said that, the Falcons 1 loss was to the Bucs.  At home.  Still trying to figure that one out.

First 4 games done at an ugly 1-3.  I wish I had better news for the next 4.  Obviously have to win Monday.  Then NO at NO --- they're terrible, but you always have to fear Brees...especially at home.  Then the bye week.  Then ARI at home....ARI is struggling (much like CAR), but obviously dangerous if they get right.  And then travel to LA, which looked like a cupcake 4 weeks ago, but now the Rams are 3-1 and surprising everybody.  Yeesh.

The Vikings are so clutch this year. Let me go head call, Superbowl 51: Broncos vs Vikings

Woof. They need this bye so bad. The coaching is atrocious. All season. Ron stopped coaching after the NFC championship last season and hasn't starting coaching again. So many penalties. So many awful play calls. No motivation or drive to play hard. 

Cam was hurt worse than reported in the Denver game. The 2 weeks off for him is needed. Rough rough times for this poor city. Panthers we're gonna be a shining light amidst all the bs. They've collapsed like the city's repuation, nationally. Lol. 

43 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Woof. They need this bye so bad. The coaching is atrocious. All season. Ron stopped coaching after the NFC championship last season and hasn't starting coaching again. So many penalties. So many awful play calls. No motivation or drive to play hard. 

Cam was hurt worse than reported in the Denver game. The 2 weeks off for him is needed. Rough rough times for this poor city. Panthers we're gonna be a shining light amidst all the bs. They've collapsed like the city's repuation, nationally. Lol. 

Yeah this city/state can't catch a break. Only hope is the Hornets.

I really thought the Panthers were gonna go to the super bowl again. Now even the playoffs seem bleak. You're right, they need this bye for the Saints.

You guys know they don't have a bye this week, right?  They travel to the Saints Sunday.  Where they are favored by 3 points.  At 1-4.  On the road.  Against a team that just had their bye.  Against Drew Brees, who is about 36* times more accurate a passer downfield than Jameis Winston.

*made up stat

Edited by grodney

1 minute ago, grodney said:

You guys know they don't have a bye this week, right?  They travel to the Saints Sunday.  Where they are favored by 3 points.  At 1-4.  On the road.  Against a team that just had their bye.  Against Drew Brees, who is about 36 times more accurate a passer downfield than Jameis Winston.

Whoops, yeah I guess I just looked at this game as a bye since NO is so terrible. NO, THEN a bye. I think they need to keep Cam on the bench if they want any hope of being anything other than 8-8. But wow Derek Anderson is so bad, feels like I am in Cleveland!! (minus the incredible baseball and basketball teams)

Again I have to put it mostly on the terrible play calling. C.A.P. ended with some decent yards but that's because we acted like he was our only player for quite a while. Tired of seeing 3-and-outs where it doesn't look like we even tried to be smart. Save for the few interceptions Anderson was pretty accurate on the short passes and found a rhythm with Olsen and Benjamin a few times, but then we lapsed back into total predictability.

Edited by nonillogical