Carolina Panthers

On 7/25/2017 at 8:49 PM, elrodvt said:

Not tailgating but I assume the spot at MLK & Graeme is going to be a pregame place? Nice to see something happening there again. 

IMG_20170725_202719.jpg

Is there enough foot traffic for something to sustain business here? I would imagine most people will still go to the french quarter for pre and post game during Knights season.  This could be another dog house like location, especially with alcohol sales starting at 10am.

1 hour ago, dylansukkert said:

Is there enough foot traffic for something to sustain business here? I would imagine most people will still go to the french quarter for pre and post game during Knights season.  This could be another dog house like location, especially with alcohol sales starting at 10am.

1234.thumb.png.59e1b81e54d34efda3f09b2e4b812052.png

I've always wondered (esp recently), when this lot would get snatched up?  The lot appears to be similar in size to the Residence Inn hotel on the other side.  Could see another hotel or apartment here.  That parking deck needs all the help it can get, street level/retail wise.  Prime location: if built tall enough, you could have views into the Panthers stadium and Knights ball park all at once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cltbwimob said:

Check out this catch by Austin Duke (former UNCC WR) at training camp-

https://mobile.twitter.com/Panthers/status/890591311509598208/video/1

Also check out this article-

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article161570493.html

Call me crazy, but I think this kid is going to be a pretty special player.

I hope he does well and shocks the heck out of us!

But I still think you're crazy.  We get a guy like this every year.  Local guy, undrafted, really hard worker, great off the field, etc.  They always end up getting cut.  Only about 10 - 15% of NFL rosters are UDFA guys, let alone becoming special players.  He went undrafted for a reason.  It's usually because he isn't talented enough.  I really hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by ah59396
merp

32 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

I hope he does well and shocks the heck out of us!

But I still think you're crazy.  We get a guy like this every year.  Local guy, undrafted, really hard worker, great off the field, etc.  They always end up getting cut.  Only about 10 - 15% of NFL rosters are UDFA guys, let alone becoming special players.  He went undrafted for a reason.  It's usually because he isn't talented enough.  I really hope he proves me wrong.

Perhaps "special" wasn't the correct term because that implies that he will be a talent like say Steve Smith.  But I still think he'll be good enough to make the roster and make valuable contributions.  I think his specialness, as it were, will be in his other attributes- like you said-hard working, great off the field, etc

All that said, man am I ready for football season to get here.  We are loaded with good players, and I can't wait to see what they do as a team.  

Edited by cltbwimob
  • Like 3

Does anyone know who puts on the open tailgate in the Draught parking lot with the bus? Is it Draught that does it adn has anyone heard if they are a go for the two preseason games?

It's roaring riots tailgate, I think you just gotta pay 25 bux one time fee and join.

They are a go for preseason. I'll be partying next Wednesday with the Roaring Riot chapter up here :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Vitamin_N said:

I can't recall a Panthers player generating as much preseason hype as Christian McCaffrey. He's getting high praise from everybody on the team.

He looks like he is going to be really good. Apparently from what I have been reading he has been frustrating the entire linebacker corps in training camp, including Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly who are arguably the top linebacker tandem in the league.  Check out the video of the moves he puts on Keuchly (video embedded in the article).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-christian-mccaffrey-jukes-luke-kuechly-with-reggie-bush-esque-moves/amp/

Edited by cltbwimob

• 1 month later...

Cam had an awful first half this past Sunday, but looked a lot better after the break.  As soon as he shakes the rust off + our defense...in the words of PANTHER GREAT, Brandon LaFell, "oooo weee mane"

Anyways, here's an absolutely sick hype video that Cam posted after the dominating win over the 49er's.

19-0

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Update on olsen again: out 6-8 weeks minimum. 

Read that too...my money is that he returns after the Panther's BYE week.  If we count this week...week 8 (injury time) would be our MNF game against the Dolphins on Nov 13th (week 10).  Our BYE is the following week (11).  Coach usually plays injuries fairly conservatively, so I don't see him returning until after the BYE, week (12) against the Jets Nov 26th (if everything heals and goes accordingly).   Hopefully, he comes back sooner, just don't know how bad the break is.

19 hours ago, Dale said:

Panthers 2-0 vs two really bad teams.

Wins are wins.  Any team in the NFL is capable of beating the other.

Love the start, offense should only improve and defense is absolutely dominant.

To guarantee ourselves a shot at the playoffs, we basically need 9 more wins.  (11-5)

We get te Jets and Bears, plus the Saints twice.  Which based on 2 weeks, should be 4 automatic victories.  Like I said, anyone is capable of an upset in the NFL.

So we need 5 wins from the following:

Patriots

Lions

Falcons x2

Bucs x2

Eagles

Vikings 

Packers

Dolphins

Looks very doable to me.

I still think we go 19-0 and beat denver in the Super Bowl.  But that's just me.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Wins are wins.  Any team in the NFL is capable of beating the other.

Love the start, offense should only improve and defense is absolutely dominant.

To guarantee ourselves a shot at the playoffs, we basically need 9 more wins.  (11-5)

We get te Jets and Bears, plus the Saints twice.  Which based on 2 weeks, should be 4 automatic victories.  Like I said, anyone is capable of an upset in the NFL.

So we need 5 wins from the following:

Patriots

Lions

Falcons x2

Bucs x2

Eagles

Vikings 

Packers

Dolphins

Looks very doable to me.

I still think we go 19-0 and beat denver in the Super Bowl.  But that's just me.

Why hasn't anyone said anything about the TE turned WR, Devin Funchess, taking some reps at TE. Move Shep to WR2, he's been more than solid, move Samuel to WR3. I mean I admit we are less dynamic without Olsen, but I don't think Ed Dickson is the answer at TE1. 

47 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Why hasn't anyone said anything about the TE turned WR, Devin Funchess, taking some reps at TE. Move Shep to WR2, he's been more than solid, move Samuel to WR3. I mean I admit we are less dynamic without Olsen, but I don't think Ed Dickson is the answer at TE1. 

Was thinking exactly the same thing.  

1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

Doable but difficult (unless Cam returns to 2015 form).  Defense should get us 9-10 wins though.  I'm a pessimistic but supportive fan (years of being a SD sports fan crushed all optimism).

6 minutes ago, JBS said:

Was thinking exactly the same thing.  

Doable but difficult (unless Cam returns to 2015 form).  Defense should get us 9-10 wins though.  I'm a pessimistic but supportive fan (years of being a SD sports fan crushed all optimism).

Not to mention Kelvin and Devin were FEASTING in the slot. If Cam had any time to throw, they would have thrashed the Bills.

Edited by Guest