Carolina Panthers

1 hour ago, AuLukey said:

My nominee for future stadium site would be the insanely underdeveloped pie shape made by John Belk, 77, and Morehead. That area would leave enough room for a stadium, practice facility, as well as a tailgate lot or two. The main drawback would obviously be pedestrian connections to uptown over/under the rail tracks.

I didn't read Morehead St initially and thought you were talking about Elmwood cemetery by the music factory lol. If it weren't a cemetery, would easily be the largest plot of undeveloped land and would bridge the disconnect of uptown and the music factory. I hope it stays where it is currently or somewhere within 277 tho. 

59 minutes ago, grodney said:

"John Kasay's missed field goal in the Super Bowl..."

What?  Kasay made his only attempt, a 50 yarder at that.

We know you meant his kickoff OB....we've all tried to expunge it from our memory!

Yea. I requested that be fixed. I was pretty drunk when I passionately (at least in my mind at the time)  wrote this.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea. I requested that be fixed. I was pretty drunk when I passionately (at least in my mind at the time)  wrote this.

Good effort and I was on board with 95% of what you wrote (as everyone knows by now, I hate domes for football and basketball).

Edited by JBS

18 minutes ago, JBS said:

Good effort and I was on board with 95% of what you wrote.

was it the jerry orr, world class airport comment, because I had a hard time writing that. LOL. Probably the most #FakeNews thing I've ever said. Its undeniably an asset to the city, but its definitely not world class.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, DMann said:

How about both the Falcons and the Saints getting knocked out!!!

It's torture watching the playoffs.  We beat half of the remaing teams and had a chance to beat the third.  I absolutely believe this was our year had we got some help for Cam late in the year. One thing I am going to be looking at closely is if the new owners will be less conservative when it comes to FA's.  I look at other teams and they seem to make moves late in the season if they think they have a shot at the title.  Lastly, I posted my thoghts about a new stadium in another thread and I think it's appropiate for this one.  

We have to get this right.  The timing of this is crucial to the continued growth of the region.

"As far as the stadium itself, I must admit that after watching the Vikings game yesterday I would love to have a domed entertainment facility in Charlotte.  However, unless the Carowids site is built up to essentially to a town center complete with mixed use, mass transit connection, retail and entertainment centered around the facility I would think an uptown location is choice number one.

Finally I'm going to address the elephant in the room.  NC and to a smaller degree Charlotte has taken some lumps publically/perception wise.  I think this timing is critical that the franchise and municipalities connected to the team get this right.  Charlotte has exploded mainly due to a favorable image to the public.  In this case the city CAN'T come across as having a small town mindset.  If we are to progress further than gamma status then this deal has to get done.  I know some folks don't like to hear it or look at it this way but I have done a ton of travelling and the one thing people tie a state or region to is a sports team.  Especially if that team is doing well.  It's crucial to recruiting relocation targets that a city and region can pull off mega deals, support local franchises and be looked at as a healthy market primed for growth."

8 hours ago, DMann said:

How about both the Falcons and the Saints getting knocked out!!!

I lost my voice watching that NO/MN game.  I have never enjoyed an outcome not involving my own team more than that one.  I was happy all night thinking of Payton, Brees, Jordan and Ginn.  I hate the Falcons but I detest the Saints.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"My Letter to the Future Owner of the Panthers, from the World's Biggest Fan," at Charlotte Five by @ricky_davis_fan_21 dated January 12, 2018.

Link to letter:  https://www.charlottefive.com/letter-future-ownership/

Great letter!  Standing up proud for Charlotte.

Edited by QCxpat

Just popping in for my seemingly annual statement that the Panthers don't need to draft, or trade for, a "superstar" WR (or RB). Teams keep proving it over and over....Philly this season, Seattle a few years ago, hell even the Panthers themselves 2 years ago.

Every year it's the same PANTHERS NEED AWESOME PEOPLE AT WR!!! but it's just not necessary.

Hopefully the GM, whoever that is, understands that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Hunted said:

The dichotomy between the stoutness of our front 7 and our weak secondary is comical. Of course we completely ignored the available options in Richard Sherman and Tyronn Mathieu.

Bashaud Breeland is actually a pretty good corner and definitely an upgrade over Worley.  Personally, I think Marty has done a fabulous job thus far (he's getting better value than most teams out there).  A few more cuts and signings are coming but I am optimistic.  Conversely, look at the decimation in AZ and Seattle (previous NFC title contenders).    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JBS said:

Bashaud Breeland is actually a pretty good corner and definitely an upgrade over Worley.  Personally, I think Marty has done a fabulous job thus far (he's getting better value than most teams out there).  A few more cuts and signings are coming but I am optimistic.  Conversely, look at the decimation in AZ and Seattle (previous NFC title contenders).    

Breeland failed his physical unfortunately...

I was on record saying there was zero chance team would move.  I'll amend that to a very small chance if the Canadian buys the team.  No chance they move anywhere but Toronto.  Also, Goodknight is rumored to be interested.  Very surprising.  Don't see team moving to Raleigh.  Wish he'd buy a major league baseball team instead.  Finally, Felix Sabates made a lot of noise and received a lot of free publicity for a guy only slightly more likely than me to buy the team...

On 3/21/2018 at 10:10 PM, JBS said:

I was on record saying there was zero chance team would move.  I'll amend that to a very small chance if the Canadian buys the team.  No chance they move anywhere but Toronto.  Also, Goodknight is rumored to be interested.  Very surprising.  Don't see team moving to Raleigh.  Wish he'd buy a major league baseball team instead.  Finally, Felix Sabates made a lot of noise and received a lot of free publicity for a guy only slightly more likely than me to buy the team...

I can’t see the NFL allowing a team in Toronto unless it was the Bills.  Southern Ontario is definitely Bills country and that’s a huge market lopped off if someone else landed there.

Also, there is no other city in Canada where the NFL is viable.  So I don’t think we have anything to worry about.

13 hours ago, elrodvt said:

I know nothing about this but am curious why Montreal would not be viable. Too small a market? They are heavily rumored to be near the top of the list for the next MLB move or expansion.

The issue is that any ownership group would not only pony up 2.5 to 3 billion to buy the team but also come up with 500 million minimum relocation fee & helping to fund a new stadium. Their aren't many markets you can recoup 4 billion plus investments period much less convince NFL owners to move a team from successful & profitable market

Edited by js4life
  • Like 2