Carolina Panthers

14 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I definitely saw that shared as a news story, trying to figure out where. Strong work!

Yea it got a ton of traction, over 3,000 likes and a crap ton of comments. I've seen it shared allover. 

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty rough honestly. 

WEEK 1 (Sept. 9) vs. Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 2 (Sept.16) at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 3 (Sept. 23) Cincinnati Bengals,1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 4 (Sept. 30) Bye; 

WEEK 5 (Oct. 7) vs. New York Giants, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 6 (Oct. 14) at Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 7 (Oct. 21) at Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 8 (Oct. 28) vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 9 (Nov. 4) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 10 (Nov. 8) at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 11 (Nov.18) at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 12 (Nov. 25) vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 13 (Dec. 2) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 14 (Dec. 9) at Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m. ET;

WEEK 15 (Dec. 17) vs. New Orleans Saints, 8:15 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 16 (Dec. 23) vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 17 (Dec. 30) at New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. ET

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2

Don't like the week 4 bye but this will be a challenging schedule.  Glad the Seattle game is at home, otherwise, I would have started thinking (conspiracy things lol jk).  The NFL sure knows what they are doing when they always schedule us with the Saints 2 times within 3 weeks and ATL in between.  That Monday Night Football game against the Saints has the potential to be a hugeee game.  As always, I'm cautiously optimistic and look forward to the season.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 8:28 PM, Jayvee said:

Pretty rough honestly. 

WEEK 1 (Sept. 9) vs. Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 2 (Sept.16) at Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 3 (Sept. 23) Cincinnati Bengals,1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 4 (Sept. 30) Bye; 

WEEK 5 (Oct. 7) vs. New York Giants, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 6 (Oct. 14) at Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 7 (Oct. 21) at Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 8 (Oct. 28) vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 9 (Nov. 4) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 10 (Nov. 8) at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 11 (Nov.18) at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 12 (Nov. 25) vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 13 (Dec. 2) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 14 (Dec. 9) at Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m. ET;

WEEK 15 (Dec. 17) vs. New Orleans Saints, 8:15 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 16 (Dec. 23) vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. ET; 

WEEK 17 (Dec. 30) at New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. ET

Looks like 11-5 to me.  No games beyond the Mississippi is a positive (though technically I don't know which side of the river the Superdome sits on).

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, kermit said:

Somewhat fittingly the putative new owner of the Panthers made his fortune from betting that BofA would return from the dead in 2010.

http://nymag.com/news/features/establishments/68513/

This is the richest guy (which has some advantages probably).  Navarro seemed the nicest/most socially responsible.  I figured either of those two guys would be fine and I preferred them to the others.  Hopefully, this guy likes BOA Stadium as much as Navarro.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

If Mr Tepper is indeed the buyer I think the fact that he is a partial owner of the Steelers makes him more palatable to NFL owners who do have to vote on this. 

Prescreened and able to buy the team without any help.   The 'new NFL' is wanting to leave weak ownership groups (Mark Davis/Oakland) and owners whose entire worth is tied up in the team (Dean Spanos/LA) and move towards 32 owners who have FU money.  

Edited by cjd5050
typo

On 5/12/2018 at 7:54 AM, cjd5050 said:

Prescreened and able to buy the team without any help.   The 'new NFL' is wanting to leave weak ownership groups (Mark Davis/Oakland) and owners whose entire worth is tied up in the team (Dean Spanos/LA) and move towards 32 owners who have FU money.  

As everyone has probably already read by now, it is indeed Tepper.  From watching some of his appearances on money market talk shows, it appears we have the Mark Cuban of the NFL.  Not saying this in a bad way but this guy is the complete opposite of JR.  Out spoken and likes his toys/parties.  As long as he keeps the Panthers in Charlotte (preferbably same location), treats the PSL owners right, and since he really has no affiliation with Charlotte, besides raking up all of BOA's stocks during the recession...I need him to appear like he has a geniune interest and be an advocate for Charlotte/Panthers.

41 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

As everyone has probably already read by now, it is indeed Tepper.  From watching some of his appearances on money market talk shows, it appears we have the Mark Cuban of the NFL.  Not saying this in a bad way but this guy is the complete opposite of JR.  Out spoken and likes his toys/parties.  As long as he keeps the Panthers in Charlotte (preferbably same location), treats the PSL owners right, and since he really has no affiliation with Charlotte, besides raking up all of BOA's stocks during the recession...I need him to appear like he has a geniune interest and be an advocate for Charlotte/Panthers.

From his wiki page:

Tepper keeps a brass replica of a pair of testicles in a prominent spot on his desk, a present from former employees. He rubs the gift for luck during the trading day to get a laugh out of colleagues.

hahaha.  I like him.