Carolina Panthers

7 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

If Tepper moves to establish practice fields elsewhere like what's been possibly reported, then what uses could the Uptown Fields be used for (or sold) since they're somewhat secluded and adjacent to railroad tracks?  Any ideas....

it doesn't have to be secluded. If you open that up for development, I'd expect the first thing someone would do is tunnel under the railroad tracks and connect 3rd. I think it has immense possibility.

28 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

That's what I was thinking too. But how much would it cost to go under and could they do that without disrupting rail for quite a while. I doubt they could.

hey, you can dig under Boston, or attempt to dig under Seattle without disrupting an entire district. crap, you can dig under the upper east side. 

ALSO: This right here

Edited by Guest

Acknowledging the obvious, that Cam isn't the most accurate passer.  However, he has literally carried this offense for entire seasons.  He's a top 10 QB.  Benjamin says "anybody" would have been better and questions his intelligence?!?  After Cam took him under his wing and was disappointed after the trade?  And Benjamin says that he's a better receiver than OBJ, Cooks and Watkins (not remotely close to as good as the first two)?!?  

He totally lost me in the SD game during the 2016 season (which Carolina somehow won) based on his awful play (not to mention, his lack of effort directly led to Cam's shoulder injury).

Even if you don't love Cam, I think you have to admit that Benjamin is a moron.

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

hey, you can dig under Boston, or attempt to dig under Seattle without disrupting an entire district. crap, you can dig under the upper east side. 

ALSO: This right here

Yeah, but those are cities willing to spend major bucks on infrastructure.

Yeah, but those are cities willing to spend major bucks on infrastructure.

Sure, but they tunneled under RR in NoDa. Though it’s taken 4 damn years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"The Panthers' Past, Present, and Future: What will ownership under David Tepper mean for the Carolinas?"  Charlotte Magazine story by Michael Graff, September, 2018, issue.  

Excerpt:

"The Panthers' arrival (October 26, 1993) remains one of the most important events in city history, a jolt of happiness in a tough year that helped bring plenty of economic growth in the team's first couple of decades.  This season, 25 years after that autumn of 1993, feels like the beginning of the Panthers' Phase 2."  ...  "So here comes this year's Carolina Panthers, under new owner David Tepper.  Not a local group of businessmen.  Not Diddy.  Not Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick.  Not Steph Curry.  But a hedge-fund billionaire who bought the team for a league-record $2.2 Billion.  Tepper is by all accounts a straight-talking guy who's willing to swerve, try something new, and listen to different opinions."  ...  "Tepper says he wants to keep the team here.  In his introductory press conference, though, he emphasized the 'Carolina' in the team's name and said, 'How many are there? That's right, there's two of them,' and suddenly it was possible to imagine a stadium in Charleston or Greenville in South Carolina.  Regardless, it's certain that he'll want to upgrade or replace Bank of America Stadium.  If that process goes smoothly, we should have the team for another generation." 

Linkhttp://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/September-2018/Opinion-Considering-the-Panthers-Past-Present-and-Future/

7 hours ago, QCxpat said:

"The Panthers' Past, Present, and Future: What will ownership under David Tepper mean for the Carolinas?"  Charlotte Magazine story by Michael Graff, September, 2018, issue.  

Excerpt:

"The Panthers' arrival (October 26, 1993) remains one of the most important events in city history, a jolt of happiness in a tough year that helped bring plenty of economic growth in the team's first couple of decades.  This season, 25 years after that autumn of 1993, feels like the beginning of the Panthers' Phase 2."  ...  "So here comes this year's Carolina Panthers, under new owner David Tepper.  Not a local group of businessmen.  Not Diddy.  Not Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick.  Not Steph Curry.  But a hedge-fund billionaire who bought the team for a league-record $2.2 Billion.  Tepper is by all accounts a straight-talking guy who's willing to swerve, try something new, and listen to different opinions."  ...  "Tepper says he wants to keep the team here.  In his introductory press conference, though, he emphasized the 'Carolina' in the team's name and said, 'How many are there? That's right, there's two of them,' and suddenly it was possible to imagine a stadium in Charleston or Greenville in South Carolina.  Regardless, it's certain that he'll want to upgrade or replace Bank of America Stadium.  If that process goes smoothly, we should have the team for another generation." 

Linkhttp://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/September-2018/Opinion-Considering-the-Panthers-Past-Present-and-Future/

Not to insult Mr. Graff, but that's the dumbest thing I ever read.  The Panthers are unlikely to leave the Carolinas but there is no chance they will move to Charleston or Greenville.  How did that get by an editor?  They could very well move to South Carolina in the greater Charlotte area but suggesting the other two cities is like saying the Steelers might move to Harrisburg.  C'mon man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JBS said:

Not to insult Mr. Graff, but that's the dumbest thing I ever read.  The Panthers are unlikely to leave the Carolinas but there is no chance they will move to Charleston or Greenville.  How did that get by an editor?  They could very well move to South Carolina in the greater Charlotte area but suggesting the other two cities is like saying the Steelers might move to Harrisburg.  C'mon man.

Who cares, all that's on my mind now is if Brooklyn Decker had bought the Panthers.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JBS said:

I mean, the Patriots moved from Boston to Foxborough

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jednc said:

I've been noticing it since the DEC opened several years ago. Happens Every. Single. Time. (at least at night)

I don't get the chance to go to games much or even be in uptown when they're happening so I've never noticed it before.

15 hours ago, Nick2 said:

I don't get the chance to go to games much or even be in uptown when they're happening so I've never noticed it before.

I really like it. I wish more buildings did something connected to the Panthers' game days to be honest.

I really was expecting something from the new Barrings (sp?) building. Maybe "Go Panthers" scrolling down the side at least...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jednc said:

I really like it. I wish more buildings did something connected to the Panthers' game days to be honest.

I really was expecting something from the new Barrings (sp?) building. Maybe "Go Panthers" scrolling down the side at least...

I totally agree. If they have the lighting system available, then why not use it?

Also, I wonder if Charlotte could do kind of a light show of changing colors on the crowns throughout uptown for special events throughout the year or even each Friday. Kind of like what a lot of Chinese cities do. Some people might thing it's a little gaudy but it'd be something really unique for CLT.

• Like 1