Carolina Panthers

On 1/23/2019 at 9:17 PM, KJHburg said:

interesting read about the SuperBowl in Atlanta upcoming.  The ATL Business Chronicle is reporting that the NFL and its major sponsor reserved more than 20,000 rooms for the weekend.  Lots of restaurants are sold out especially on Saturday night.  These are things to consider if the Panthers and Charlotte ever want to host.   They are expecting 150,000 out of towners. 

Online articles are saying the 2019 NBA All-Star Game could attract up to  150,000 out of towners as well.  It’s just hard for me to believe that the NBA festivities are as big as the NFL Super Bowl.  Or is that 150,000 spread out over 2/3 days whereas the Super Bowl crowd is over 1 or 2 days?

• 1 month later...

03/17/2019 - CBJ story"Experts Weigh in on what Panthers headquarters and naming rights for it could be worth," by Erik Spanberg 

Excerpts from Subscription only story: 

"The Carolina Panthers stand to reap $2 million to $4 million annually by selling the name to  a planned practice and training headquarters, an industry expert told the Charlotte Business Journal on Friday. "  "And that’s before revenue from surrounding restaurant, retail and hotel development around a Panthers headquarters is considered. This week, the NFL franchise stepped up talks with South Carolina lawmakers and Gov. Henry McMaster to land incentives for a $150 million project that would be built near Charlotte, across the state line in York or Lancaster County."

"Gov. McMaster of South Carolina, a Republican, said this week that legislation to include pro sports teams as businesses eligible for state incentives is the latest step in what he and a bipartisan group of lawmakers hope will result in the Panthers shifting their practice and business operations from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte."   "Specific incentives and when a decision will be reached remain undisclosed — publicly, anyway. Questions and reports surfaced this week about possible related infrastructure improvements, including an interchange near Interstate 77, and adjacent development such as shops, restaurants and meeting space."

"David Tepper, the Panthers owner, met with McMaster and 24 state lawmakers Wednesday morning at the governor’s mansion in Columbia. Neither Tepper nor the team has publicly commented on the meeting. McMaster and his fellow politicians did, staging a giddy press conference later the same day and praising Tepper while invoking any and all football metaphors that came to mind (the Super Bowl of economic development, and so on)."

David Tepper bought the NFL Carolina Panthers last summer for $2.275 billion.

Link:  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/17/experts-weigh-in-on-what-panthers-hq-and-naming.html

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Is it common to want to hang out around a practice facility? Common enough to expect a whole slew of development like this?

I don't like the Cowboys but their World HQ/Practice facility is legit (which is also 40 miles away from the actual stadium).  If it's anything like this: https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/ people will absolutely hangout.  Click on the Star District.  Knowing Tepper's ambition, it will be similar to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I don't like the Cowboys but their World HQ/Practice facility is legit (which is also 40 miles away from the actual stadium).  If it's anything like this: https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/ people will absolutely hangout.  Click on the Star District.  Knowing Tepper's ambition, it will be similar to this.

Thanks. That seems nice, but I think I have made it known before that I am municipally petty and I want Charlotte to have all the nice things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Scribe said:

Uhm, this just got posted by the official Panthers twitter account...

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1108097054138617856

Somethings afoot!

The practice bubble work has started.  Looks like a 60 yard bubble, re positioning the turf field and adding a parking lot. 

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1107711341480083456

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, eastsider said:

The Panthers game in London against the Bucs will take place at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on October 13th with a 9:30et kickoff.

We are going!  Not sure if we are booking stuff through Roaring Riot or not though.  May book our flight/hotel our own way.  That new 1.3B stadium looks pretty badass.  I'm excited. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Awesome, 13 days before my wedding so potential bachelor party trip still in play haha... Trying to rally the troops to see if any of my friends are up for it

I'll buy ya a beer and a shot

• 1 month later...

Big Panthers news today... They signed DT Gerald McCoy to bolster that defensive line. He stated one of the biggest reasons he decided to sign with the Panthers was the chemistry with the team. What was a weakness last year, has really be upgraded this off-season. If everyone stays healthy, this will be a nasty defense.  #KeepPounding

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26889495/ex-bucs-dt-mccoy-chooses-play-panthers

• Like 3