Carolina Panthers

On 7/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, cjolley92 said:

I'm late to do this but I'm planning a week-long trip for the London game. Does anyone have recommendations regarding flights and game tickets? Trying to keep things as cheap as possible. I'm tempted to do Priceline round trip for around $750. And I'm keeping an eye on StubHub for tickets.

I've only had a layover in Heathrow and didn't get to see the city, so I figured the Panthers game was the perfect excuse to finally see London!

Keep an eye on the BA flights out of Charleston, last month they were in the $400's for October flights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advanced issues found

On 7/9/2019 at 9:25 PM, kermit said:

If cheapness is important buy an Oyster (transit) card straightaway and load about 10gbp on it for each day. London has fare capping which (depending on how many zones you travel in each day) are typically around 10gbp max per day.  Transit will get you _everywhere_ you will want to go and you will pay more than that just to sit in a black cab.

Or you can just use ApplePay or SamsungPay on your phone or contactless card (with no forex fees of course) It will do the capping with cards as well.

• Like 1

Remember, All or Nothing comes out today on amazon prime. Just watched episode 1. A nicely done show. Great shots of the skyline and the behind the scenes on gameday. Pretty cool watching this. One thought I had while watching this...with the new practice facility coming in the future, will this remove the players from uptown besides on gameday? I liked seeing the team practicing and working out here in the offseason and roaming around. 

*warning, watching this will pump you up for the upcoming season*

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Ugh. Binged All of Nothing til the wee hours. I hope all the cam haters watch, lots of leadership moments. It’s really nice.

As President of the Cam Newton is an Overrated Quarterback ClubTM  I can assure you that our fine society could not care less about any "leadership" issues nor any other dog-whistle, thinly-veiled racist pablum infecting the intrawebs (I cannot, however, speak to or say the same for the Cam Newton Hater's Club given their pants-on-head-stupid insistence on replacing Newton with David Carr or Derek Anderson or any of dozens of other washed white signal callers).

No no, Cam is an overrated QB because he is 23rd in both  DYAR and DVOA yet is treated like he's top 5 to top 10 despite a career QBR solidly in the 80's.  Now, on the wrong side of 30, his insistence on using his legs is only going to become more and more of a liability.  By comparison, Russell Westbrook is my favorite NBA player to watch, but as he ages, his game will leave him with breathtaking speed.

I don't think "leadership" has ever entered my mind in terms of reasons not to like Cam.  Seems like a cool dude.  Teammates definitely respond to him.  Would love to have a scotch with him.  He just can't throw a football accurately.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Anyone on here part of the Roaring Riot crew?  I'm trying to figure out which sections they have for the London game.  Need to purchase tickets this weekend.  I emailed Roaring Riot website, but the lady responded and said she can't provide me that information lol.

I am, and I have no idea where my tickets are, they won't tell me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

This is what playing the 23rd ranked defense in passing / 29th ranked defense in rushing / 29th ranked defense overall feels like. A healthy Cam would have torn up this team too.

Cam is 0-8 in the last 8 games.  Maybe a healthy Cam scores 4 TD but not the version we have seen.  While Cam is a better football player, he isn't a better passer. You saw what the offense looks like when you can hit receivers in stride, something Cam has never been good at.  Long term, history says Allen won't likely be a viable starter based on being an undrafted QB.  But for now...we have the weapons and need someone who can make quick decisions and pass the ball accurately.  I'm good with him staying QB1 until he shows us he can't handle the load.  Could be this week, could be in 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

I was glad to see the Panthers win yesterday as much as anyone. Kyle Allen did exactly what a backup QB is supposed to do. Play when called upon and win. That is a game that the Panthers should have won regardless. Now, Houston next week will be a different story. Regarding Cam, something about this whole thing doesn't seem right. Something else is going on beyond just the foot. 

In unrelated news, LiveNation is having a "major announcement" at BofA Stadium tomorrow morning at 10:30am. Will be interesting to see what tour will be coming through town. I'm guessing Spring 2020? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 3:53 PM, HopHead said:

I was glad to see the Panthers win yesterday as much as anyone. Kyle Allen did exactly what a backup QB is supposed to do. Play when called upon and win. That is a game that the Panthers should have won regardless. Now, Houston next week will be a different story. Regarding Cam, something about this whole thing doesn't seem right. Something else is going on beyond just the foot. 

In unrelated news, LiveNation is having a "major announcement" at BofA Stadium tomorrow morning at 10:30am. Will be interesting to see what tour will be coming through town. I'm guessing Spring 2020? 

I’m definitely ok with Kyle Allen playing the rest of the season. The team seems to play as a team when he’s in.  I’m not knocking Cam, but the last few games have seen a marked improvement in how the team gels together. Maybe it’s me and my personal animosity towards all things Auburn, but I see Allen as a great arm and game manager. If the Panthers can continue to develop, post season play might be in the cards. Keep Pounding!

Just my $.02

A2

• Like 1