Carolina Panthers

6 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I drove down there two weeks ago to find the location and sense the scale of the project. From 77 southbound at Eden Terrace one goes at least a mile with dense trees on the Rock Hill side of the highway. Circling back there are businesses facing Mt. Gallant Road and then trees and green for quite some distance to 77. This is a virgin land project apparently. It may have been cleared or logged in the long before our time. For a single project for such a large property it may be unrivalled in York County

It's pretty incredible how much empty land there is in rock Hill, especially right around there on both sides of 77. Rock Hill could become 10 times bigger and still not use it all up.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, cltheel.sdl said:

I can't say I'm a lover of Jerry Richardson - definitely not a perfect guy and I can't say I agreed with all of his moves during his ownership period.  Also, I think his statue design is a bit clunky.  That being said, this whole statue removal initiative going on around the country has gone too far.  Panthers are removing his statue for public safety purposes due to apparent threats to tear it down.  Why would someone tear down his statue?  He may have made some off-color comments here or there, but certainly not something that would warrant his statue being toppled by a mob.  He deserves to be honored for having brought the Panthers here - I disagree with the statue's removal and the mob mentality to tear down anything you don't 100% agree with.

Doesn't that date back to the "Me too" movement? There were some compelling allegations against him for that. I don't recall how all of that panned out. 

Edited by tozmervo
"She Says" was the WFAE podcast about Me Too

Tepper was very unhappy to be required to keep the statue of a PREVIOUS owner for his 2.2 billion dollar purchase. So would you. The "out" was if it became a public safety issue. So that is the path Tepper is taking. This is the understanding I have from several local experts posting on twitter today about this. The chance of it returning? Zero.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Tepper was very unhappy to be required to keep the statue of a PREVIOUS owner for his 2.2 billion dollar purchase. So would you. The "out" was if it became a public safety issue. So that is the path Tepper is taking. This is the understanding I have from several local experts posting on twitter today about this. The chance of it returning? Zero.

Very crafty/disingenuous of Tepper, then, if he is opportunistically painting this as a public safety issue if, in fact, there has been no actual threat made against the statue.  I like Tepper overall, but I also think he should respect the history of the franchise (even if he did pay $2.2 B).  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cltheel.sdl said:

Very crafty/disingenuous of Tepper, then, if he is opportunistically painting this as a public safety issue if, in fact, there has been no actual threat made against the statue.  I like Tepper overall, but I also think he should respect the history of the franchise (even if he did pay $2.2 B).  

You should go check out carolinahuddle.com if you think there hasn’t been any threats to the statue. 

15 hours ago, cltheel.sdl said:

I can't say I'm a lover of Jerry Richardson - definitely not a perfect guy and I can't say I agreed with all of his moves during his ownership period.  Also, I think his statue design is a bit clunky.  That being said, this whole statue removal initiative going on around the country has gone too far.  Panthers are removing his statue for public safety purposes due to apparent threats to tear it down.  Why would someone tear down his statue?  He may have made some off-color comments here or there, but certainly not something that would warrant his statue being toppled by a mob.  He deserves to be honored for having brought the Panthers here - I disagree with the statue's removal and the mob mentality to tear down anything you don't 100% agree with.

So you support a serial sexual harasser and racist?  Well OK then.  The NFL found enough evidence that it forced him to sell.   Do your homework before you post this dribble.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/17/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tired of all this QB speculation going on....trading up....trading CMC...Watson this, for Watson that...Justin Fields...on & on.

Plain & simple...should have never won that Week 16 game against the Redskins.  Boneheaded win.  Season was over by then and we for sure weren't going to be beating the Saints on the last game of the season.  Loss to the redskins would have guaranteed us a top 4 pick in the draft, maybe even better depending on how the chips fell.  We''ll see how this unfolds.  Just hope I don't have to giveaway my new CMAC jersey to goodwill lol jk.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

The trade has a lot of upside with little downside.  If he is decent, we made out great.  If he sucks, we draft top 3 next year.  I always thought he was wasted in NYJ and has a lot of potential.  Could the NYJ have broken him beyond repair? Possibly.   I just didn't want to trade 3 years of 1st round picks away for an unproved college QB (beside Lawrence).  I'm fine with a 2nd for a chance at a young QB.  

Agree.  Low risk, high reward (if it pans out).  Whoever starts, it's going to create competition within our QB circle and that's a good thing.  Hey Darnold under Joe Brady and reunited with Anderson, coupled with CMC & DJ...improved OL...could be the spark to reignite that hype and potential he had/has.  GM has also expressed this move does not rule out still drafting a QB in the draft.  

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3