Florida Hospital "Health Village"

XpressEnterprise

^^

exactly.  the garage has to open in bldg 2 for residents in bldg 1.   anyway.

^^

Women's Hospital- this thing looks to be one level shorter that the actual roof accent (not the turret) of the Ginzberg Tower.  It may be the same roof height otherwise without more.

• 1 year later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Florida Hospital for Women tower opened this past week. I wasn't able to attend, but I've been to the hospital recently, and this new building, along with the recently completed administration building really close in the drop-off area and give the place a unique feeling. Maybe our friends at Bunglower will post some photos. 

• 9 months later...

Just moved back to Orlando and I have to admit I have been all over many parts of the country living in different places and have not seen many areas that have nicer hospitals and for them both to be connected by a commuter train is almost not existent anywhere I have seen. Lived in Tampa for awhile and Orlando Makes Tampa's hospitals look years behind. Very impressed Orlando !

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

Both Orlando Health and Florida Hospital downtown campuses are very nice. Florida Hospital feels more cohesive because most of the buildings are packed into that tight area, but Orlando Health has done a great job with the new tower, additions to ORMC, and dressing up the little pocket parks connecting the buildings that are more spread out.  Recently, the Sentinel focused (probably incorrectly) on UCF medical school being a big economic driver in the region for the future, but these two big tertiary receiving centers and the thousands of employees at them are frequently an overlooked impact.  Florida Hospital's master plan for that area is incredible - they own tons of the land/buildings there. At least a dozen more projects, including mixed use residential and research facilities... 

I have had the misfortune of spending a great deal of time in ORMCC recently and I have to say that I agree. When you think "city hospital", you don't imagine what ORMC is. Even the ER is pretty great. I've been spending a bunch of time in the Orlando Heart Institute and the staff is amazing, every doctor I've dealt with has been great and the facilities are modern and in great shape. Orlando's hospitals are definitely on my list of "reasons to live in Orlando".

I wish I had some pics of the old ORMC from the 70's or early 80's where it fronted Orange Ave.

Pretty much of a run down looking dump. As I recall, it was about three or four stories, 1930's or 40's era dark red brick. Main entrance was right off the sidewalk on Orange.

Archived