Pelham Road Projects

Birdbrain

There seems to be a flurry of demolition / construction going on by the Pelham Road Smal-Mart (at I-85). We're also seeing quite a few new "Land For Sale" signs by Garlington, where the infamous Target was planning to go. Does anyone have an idea what all the hubbub is about, bub?

Interesting. Where is this located on Pelham? I have always thought that once Woodruff began to become full, then new retail would then shift to Pelham, Haywood (partially from current lower-quality developments), and to an extent, Pleasantburg.

Interesting. Where is this located on Pelham? I have always thought that once Woodruff began to become full, then new retail would then shift to Pelham, Haywood (partially from current lower-quality developments), and to an extent, Pleasantburg.

Right as you get off 85 there is a new (what looks to be) small grouping of stores being build right between where the Starbucks and the Five Guys is. There is also an old bank (I think that is what it was many years ago... maybe an office) that they began taring down yesterday. This is right across from Chic-fil-a.

I think a QuikTrip is going somewhere there on Pelham -also saw they are seeking approval to go on the corner of Woodruff and Verdae.

QuickTrip? Meh. I was rather hoping for either an 80-story signature tower to compliment Michelin; or a Taco Bell.

CT36 - you've got a point about post-Woodruff expansion heading to Pelham Road. However, it seems the only section that can be developed commercially is the land around the I-85 intersection (including the pseudo-"Restaurant Row" section on Beacon behind EarthFare). Highway 14 to Garlington Road is mostly zoned for Industrial, and everything between Boiling Springs Road all the way to East North is residential.

Of course, some of that open land is mighty large, and could certainly handle really big enterprises. Hey, if the Signature Tower or Taco Bell won't go in, that big chunk of land at Pelham and Garlington would be PERFECT for an NFL stadium. (Oh, gimme a break, a dude can dream!) :-)

Edited by Birdbrain

• 1 month later...

If it is at all possible to take your eyes off the spiffy new Jiffy Lube (I second the yuk, and the motion carries), travelers on Pelham will notice the sudden demolition going across the street. First to go was the empty bank/office building, and now the former China Wok building has been razed. That's a good bit of Real Estate on Pelham Road/I-85 near a Wal-Mart.

Looks like a primo place for something new and exciting. (Exciting and Reality are vastly different. Reality: expect a dying strip mall with more places to have your nails done and get that long-wished-for $5 haircut.) Still holding out hope for an 80-story "signature tower" or an NFL stadium. :shades:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

The old Tony Roma's/American Pie/Salsateque building on Pelham's (Beacon Dr.) restaurant row is again vacant. Signs posted recently have announced the coming of "Palmetto Restaurant and Ale House", supposedly in August. In a cursory search, I could find no other info.

Let's hope it fares better than the previous occupants!

The old Tony Roma's/American Pie/Salsateque building on Pelham's (Beacon Dr.) restaurant row is again vacant. Signs posted recently have announced the coming of "Palmetto Restaurant and Ale House", supposedly in August. In a cursory search, I could find no other info.

Let's hope it fares better than the previous occupants!

This spot is cursed. LOL. "Palmetto Restaurant and Ale House" sounds a bit small time. Any idea who is opening it?

This spot is cursed. LOL. "Palmetto Restaurant and Ale House" sounds a bit small time. Any idea who is opening it?

Ha ha - DEFINITELY cursed. And yet, for unfathomable reasons, the seafood joint across the street still thrives. It's got to be all the small cemetaries along Pelham; they must have just paved over one for Tony Roma's in the first place - Poltergeist style. <grin>

Perhaps one of our realator members can give us a hint on the new owners. All I could turn up is that Palmetto Alehouse in Charleston (James Island) didn't last very long. No idea if it's the same owners, or if the name is just a co-inky-dink.

Message to whomever does open in that location - STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT! :shok:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

http://www.greenvillecounty.org/apps/subdivisionsearch/ViewFile.aspx?id=857

Top golf coming to Pelham and Garlington Roads. Includes parcels for a hotel, restaurant and 75K sq.ft. Building. Wonder what that could be. There seems to be a phase two as well. I wish this was developed a little more attractively to start and set a precedent in this area.

Edited by johnpro318

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Thanks for the info man. I saw it today and was wondering if it was Top Golf. I too thought that TG press release said they still had Greenville on the radar but would have to look for another location.

Fox Carolina reporter Cody Alcorn tweeted this back on Nov. 27th: 

“It looks like Top Golf is back on for Greenville. They're eyeing Garlington Road.“

• 5 months later...

Looks like Eagle Zone won't be going down without a fight with Top Golf moving in.

The Haas Family (members of Thornblade Club, which is right off the Parkway @ Pelham and I-85) has purchased the Eagle Zone and plans to turn the space into a golf school. Maybe they see it as an opportunity, with more golfers coming into the Pelham Rd. area to play the golf games at Top Golf. 

http://www.wyff4.com/article/jay-haas-sons-buy-greenvilles-eagle-zone-plan-golf-school-there/21601168