Pelham Road Projects

Birdbrain

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was over this way for the first time in awhile yesterday. Definitely a lot going on from the 385 interchange through the Pelham campus at the intersection with 14; looking like a real city through that stretch. It should help when the gateway project is completed and the 85 expansion in a few years, but I gotta tell you, the traffic in the Woodruff Rd / 385/85/Pelham/Hwy 14 area has gotten ridiculous. I am glad I don't live on that side of town and have to sit in that everyday. Development is nice and all, but the city and county really need to develop a viable mass transit option for that area, like... today. If not, and I know they aren't, we should be widening that stretch to 10-12 lanes. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, DynamicDuo said:

Wow.  Really?  It's a brick building with windows on first level.

There is a new storage facility being built on Woodruff Road that has retail on the first level. Maybe something similar?

Edited by SVL

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Looks like Harris-Teeter has abandoned plans for their store/shopping center  on Pelham Rd. That property is up for sale again. 

Not sure what you mean. There has never been a Harris Teeter planned for Pelham Road. 

My bad it was Lowe's SM not H-T.  It was planned across the street from the new Spinx carwash. They tore down the little hot dog place on the corner and and did some minor clearing. My company which is a vendor for Lowe's was notified of the plans probably 2 years ago. The property was purchased and like I said it looked like some work started and then was halted or delayed. Now it is up for sale again. 

https://greenvilleontherise.com/lowes-foods-pelham-road/

Edited by apaladin

22 hours ago, apaladin said:

My bad it was Lowe's SM not H-T.  It was planned across the street from the new Spinx carwash. They tore down the little hot dog place on the corner and and did some minor clearing. My company which is a vendor for Lowe's was notified of the plans probably 2 years ago. The property was purchased and like I said it looked like some work started and then was halted or delayed. Now it is up for sale again. 

Curious how sales for Lowe’s stores  are doing. Five Forks location has not been very busy when I go by on occasion....Publix has continued to stay strong IMO... thought they might  suffer more. The BiLo appears to be doing ok as well. Lowe’s may be rethinking expansion plans in  our area for now.

Edited by cabelagent

16 hours ago, apaladin said:

We certainly have enough grocery stores. The Lowe's beside Riverside high school seems to always be busy. Of course it doesn't have a Publix and Bilo next to it like five forks. Probably wasn't a good idea to build a third grocery store on basically the same corner. 

Yes...probably was not ideal to locate an operation in close proximity to these 2 established stores. It may take awhile to grow business...wifey likes it for certain things.  My Sister in W-Salem has a neighborhood store...there's usually a line of customers waiting to enter & difficult to find a parking space.  

Edited by cabelagent

23 hours ago, apaladin said:

https://greenvilleontherise.com/lowes-foods-pelham-road/

Ahhh...yes. That once planned Lowe’s got cancelled according to the Greenville News.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, gman430 said:

Ahhh...yes. That once planned Lowe’s got cancelled according to the Greenville News.

Lowe's  Foods on Pelham is a go again.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2020/04/27/lowes-foods-grocery-store-coming-pelham-road-greenville-sc/3031554001/

Edited by vistatiger

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, greenvilleguy said:

Joe's Crab Shack has closed permanently.  I rode by this afternoon and the signs were coming down.  This location has also been removed from the website.  Sad to see such a large building in a good location empty.  Anyone heard anything?

Macaroni Grill across from it had closed permanently recently too. Restaurants falling like dominoes over there. I saw where Lieu's is coming to the Palmetto  Ale House location across from Joes. I  read where Logan's franchise locations were safe in both carolinas despite corporate closings elsewhere.

Edited by vistatiger

20 hours ago, vistatiger said:

Macaroni Grill across from it had closed permanently recently too. Restaurants falling like dominoes over there. I saw where Lieu's is coming to the Palmetto  Ale House location across from Joes. I  read where Logan's franchise locations were safe in both carolinas despite corporate closings elsewhere.

That is sad. What about California Dreaming? Last time I was by there about a week ago they were still closed. Hope they reopen. 

Edited by apaladin

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2020 at 8:34 AM, vistatiger said:

Looks like Lowe's Foods will be acquiring and converting the Pelham Rd Bi-Lo @ Milestone Plaza instead and the property at Pelham and Boiling Springs will be sold.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2020/09/01/lowes-foods-purchase-greenville-bi-lo-grocery-store-pelham-road/3455421001/

Edited by vistatiger