Spartanburg: Part I

Spartan

Well after all this time I finally have a way to display pictures. But I've been saving these for a while, so I have these plus many, many more which will come later.

------------------------------------------------

SPARTANBURG, SOUTH CAROLINA

The City of Spartanburg is located in an area in South Carolina called the Upstate.

scmapupstate.gif

The Upstate of SC

It is located in the Greenville-Spartanburg Metropolitan Area - The new CSAs are more complex, and I havent amde a map for those.

scmapgrnvl.gif

The Greenville-Spartanburg Metro Area

scmap-spartanburgcty.gif

Spartanburg County

These are some photos of Downtown. The day I took these was sometime last year on a cold/rainy fall day. At the time it was my only available day to take pictures.

cityspartanburgsc21mainst.jpg

This is looking west along Main St.

citySpartanburgSC13mainst.jpg

This is looking east down the same section on Main St.

cityspartanburgsc16.jpg

This is of Morgan Square.

citySpartanburgSC12morgansq.jpg

More Morgan Square, but in the other direction. The tall building in the background is the Montgomery Building.

citySpartanburgSC10churchst.jpg

Looking North along Church St.

citySpartanburg_NChurch_St.jpg

This is an old post card of what this same view used to look like. Note the buildings on the left which were razed for the expansion of Church St.

citySpartanburgSC06advantica.jpg

This is the BB&T tower, which ironically no longer houses BB&T- It is the HQ of Dennys Inc.

citySpartanburgSC05advantica.jpg

citySpartanburgSC02advantica.jpg

citySpartanburgSC01busstation.jpg

Our brand new bus station,

citySpartanburgSC03apartments.jpg

Schuyler Apartments- This is the other "highrise" that Spartanburg has.

MORE TO COME!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acutally, it has been completed for some time now. That is the Extended Stay America Headquaters.

cityspartanburgsc19extendedstayamericahq.jpg

This is ESA before it was completed. It was taken on the same day as the others. I will try to find one that shows it completed.

Archived