Cannot Believe I Missed This!

MTSUBlueraider86

I feel duped! I had been under the impression this was a 26 story 278 foot tall project, but it turns out it's only 21 stories and not any taller than Encore! I re-watched the ground breaking on News Channel 5 and thought I misheard what was said, so I read the copy and yes, the building is no longer 26 floors as was the initial floor count. ( I am not referring to the original rendering of 40 stories and 500+ feet.)

To say I am disappointed is an understatement, but I have said before Nashville was never meant to be a skyscraper city. We are a mid-rise city and I guess I will have to accept that fact! Don't count on the peabody to be anywhere near this height. The last rendering for a peabody about 10 years ago was 12 stories.

BR

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still likely stands at 278ft even with only 21 stories. That's only a little more than 13ft per floor, and when you consider the height of the first several floors of lobbies, event spaces, etc. it's not really a stretch to get to that number.

Archived