bic

Metro Orlando Airport News

The march to 50 million continues. Calendar year through May is 49,154,000 passengers.  We added 383k to the total for the past month. At this rate, by the end of the year, we should be close to 52 million passengers. These numbers are mind blowing. I can see us reaching 60 million real fast once terminal C opens. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, shardoon said:

The march to 50 million continues. Calendar year through May is 49,154,000 passengers.  We added 383k to the total for the past month. At this rate, by the end of the year, we should be close to 52 million passengers. These numbers are mind blowing. I can see us reaching 60 million real fast once terminal C opens. 

They should give out free Chevys everyday for a year like Disney once did to celebrate (imagines JFW hitting the BeeLine in a Lumina)!

• Haha 1

Lumina!  Ha!  I'm (still) fascinated by my mother purchasing a Chevy Beretta GTZ as her own personal empty-nester celebration vehicle when my youngest sibling left for college.  She sold the minivan and showed up in a car that I doubt ever went more than 55 mph in its lifetime.  My father hated it and my mother (even in her youngest days) firmly refused to drive on the interstate.  She's a local roads only type.

She did rev the engine a lot to show off how powerful her baby was.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Lumina!  Ha!  I'm (still) fascinated by my mother purchasing a Chevy Beretta GTZ as her own personal empty-nester celebration vehicle when my youngest sibling left for college.  She sold the minivan and showed up in a car that I doubt ever went more than 55 mph in its lifetime.  My father hated it and my mother (even in her youngest days) firmly refused to drive on the interstate.  She's a local roads only type.

Baseball and hot dogs. Apple pie and Chevrolet...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Baseball and hot dogs. Apple pie and Chevrolet...

My parents weren't brand loyal.  They had just about every kind of car on the market.

3 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

My parents weren't brand loyal.  They had just about every kind of car on the market.

Ahhh - I came from a serious GM family. I was OK with that but I wanted a Pontiac and my dad insisted I follow the steps and start with a Chevy.

He also was not a fan of pony cars and so, at age 18, I found myself, not even in a Camaro (much less a Firebird) but a freakin’ Malibu Classic. I was not amused.

A few years later, hanging out with the Vandy crowd, I traded the ‘bu in on a used Fiat Spider. Of course, as Fiats are wont to do, it fell apart.

My father promptly stuck me in an ‘83 Celebrity which was even less reliable than the Spider. The ‘80’s weren’t kind to GM.

After that, I financed my own cars and bought a Jetta after graduating. Life was good (ironically, I became a Ford true believer for the next 30 years after that.)

• Like 1

Good thing there isn't a lot of airport talk going on, but chew on this link:

https://dyler.com/cars/8579/oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-coupe-1978-brown-for-sale

That was my ride.  Exact same exterior/interior.   Fun fact, the 1978 was the only year that style of Cutlass Supreme had the light up rocket in the taillights.   Another fun fact, until many years after I sold that car I had no idea that was supposed to be a rocket in the logo.   No clue.

13 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Good thing there isn't a lot of airport talk going on, but chew on this link:

https://dyler.com/cars/8579/oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-coupe-1978-brown-for-sale

That was my ride.  Exact same exterior/interior.   Fun fact, the 1978 was the only year that style of Cutlass Supreme had the light up rocket in the taillights.   Another fun fact, until many years after I sold that car I had no idea that was supposed to be a rocket in the logo.   No clue.

Woohoo! That’s CLASS. I think during those years the Cutlass was America’s best-selling vehicle (now it’s the Ford F-150).

An Olds dealer once told me back then that the best-selling car was whatever GM decided it would be. My, how the world has changed.

5 hours ago, HankStrong said:

My first car was a 1991 Chevy Beretta (Got it in 02/03) with only the passenger door working so I had to climb in that way or ask whoever was with me to open the driver door. I still kinda miss it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Officials hope Israeli interest in our theme parks and work between the two countries on space projects will keep the new non stop service on El Al to Tel Aviv going beyond August:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-orlando-to-israel-flight-20190709-epg5tsadfnbyjlgbuotgypwgwy-story.html

From the Sentinel 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Officials hope Israeli interest in our theme parks and work between the two countries on space projects will keep the new non stop service on El Al to Tel Aviv going beyond August:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-orlando-to-israel-flight-20190709-epg5tsadfnbyjlgbuotgypwgwy-story.html

From the Sentinel 

It'd be nice if they would offer tickets for lower prices. $1400 r/t in economy is a bit steep. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 8:13 AM, sethM said:

It'd be nice if they would offer tickets for lower prices. $1400 r/t in economy is a bit steep. 

El Al isn't worried about price resistance.

This new service is a total of 11 flights.

Not 11 a month, or 11 a season, but 11 flights in total. This really isn't even  a new service. El Al is basically just filling some slack utilization they have with the 789 in July and August.

Edited by Camillo Sitte