Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTFAN

Pine Street Lofts (by MarketStreet) in the Gulch | 266,000-sq ft | 305 Units w/ Retail | 6 stories | UNDER CONSTRUCTION

32 posts in this topic

Wow, the Gulch seems to be "rebounding." Now if only Griffin Plaza would come back.

Side note: Anyone else having problems posting in Firefox? Using Ubuntu 11.04 OS and Firefox 6.0.

Rendering from the article.

Picture 25.png

This is great news.. can't wait to see some more construction.

btw @timmay I was having issues with Chrome, but seems to have cleared up now on its own.

Yeah, this is great, adding to the connectivity and street wall of the Gulch, bringing it one step closer to real neighborhood status. I wonder what the status of the corner lot where 12th splits off into 12th and 11th and which is also owned and marketed (as parking currently) by Market Street. Its development will be key and also has the potential to be a unique feature and landmark for the city. I'm excited that developers are seeing the potential of rental units but it's too bad it took a virtual economic depression to bring about that shift.

1 person likes this

Word on the street is that the groundbreaking for Pine street should be this next week. Lets hope that is the case.

Hope you got a good word. This is one of my favorite projects pending as it will have a nice impact on the Gulch experience. Big gap gone in the fabric and provides additional housing options downtown. This also helps roll the downtown ball a little more and may entice more activity on the other side of the street or elsewhere in the immediate vicinity.

It will be good to get this piece of the puzzle underway. Closing in the building gap with continuous development up to the street will add congruence and symmetry to the streetscape. I never liked having so much space in between buildings.

Nashville Post is reporting that a 32 million dollar loan is secured for the Pine Street Lofts and groundbreaking looms near. This is a paid article and do not know the details, but the headline says it all.

1 person likes this

Since this project was announced several years ago, glad to see it finally happening. I do hope it's concrete and not stick frame.

This will be a great addition to The Gulch, and I believe will sell fast. My only concern is the actual building not coming out as nice as it looks in the rendering, which can happen. If it comes out like the rendering, great addition.

This will be a great addition to The Gulch, and I believe will sell fast. My only concern is the actual building not coming out as nice as it looks in the rendering, which can happen. If it comes out like the rendering, great addition.

That's true. I'm just excited about the fact that more people will be living and working in the Gulch with this addition.

These are rental units and not condos with rents ranging from 900 to 1800 per month. With that being said there is a huge market for sellable units in the Gulch and elsewhere even with the bankruptcies that have occurred with the Terrazzo, Rhythm, and 5th & Main. There are no new sellable unit coming on line and the current supply will be depleted sometime next year. It’s only a matter of time before someone decides to build a condo building or convert existing or under construction units to condos.

^^Can someone take a few photos for us out of towners? Thanks in advance!

^^Can someone take a few photos for us out of towners? Thanks in advance!

I will be down there this weekend camera in hand.

I have some photos of the Pine Street Lofts construction that I took today that I was going to post, but there doesn't seem to be any paperclip icon or "attach file" button that I can use to post them. How can I include pictures in my post? I already tried the "Image" icon and the "My Media" button and those don't let me browse to photos on my computer. Thanks.

Use a file sharing site like Photobucket. Upload the photos to Photobucket, return to the album you uploaded them to and move your mouse over each photo you wish to post. The photo should have a drop down menu with an IMG code. Click on the code and it will be automatically copied, then paste that code into a post on here and the photos will be added.

This is going to be a great project when finished! I am looking forward to see what retail we get on the bottom.