I-Drive Live

XpressEnterprise

• 2 months later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks tc01 -- here is the article and slideshow:  http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/09/eye-exam-a-first-look-at-orlando-eye.html

Very impressive progress update.  This is really going to transform the look and feel of I-Drive.  Also keep an eye on WetnWild now that Universal has officially acquired the land.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else disappointed in some of the places they're bringing to this development?  Like relocating Walgreen's across the street to the I-drive Sand Lake Intersection?  Now there's going to be an abandoned Walgreen's behind Checkers.

Btw: for those who didn't know, the Mobil caddy corner from the new Walgreen's wad bought by McDonald's.  I suspect the current one will be leveled in favor of their new design.  I know DOT had mentioned plans to build a garage for the McDonald's where the current one stands.

Absolutely underwhelmed.  I thought I posted it here, but maybe it was in another topic.  Besides the Walgreens, there's also BW3, Titanic, and CSI (If I'm remembering right).  That's just a bunch of North I-Drive shops moving a block south to the Orange County section of I-Drive.

Only upside to this I can think of is maybe enough of that section will fall into disrepair and the city can expand/fix the road up like they are doing north of Wet n Wild and Orange County has south of Sand Lake before somehow making a comeback?

Only upside to this I can think of is maybe enough of that section will fall into disrepair and the city can expand/fix the road up like they are doing north of Wet n Wild and Orange County has south of Sand Lake before somehow making a comeback?

DOT is planning on fixing Sand Lake.  I don't know if there's plans for I-drive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So...

I've got a Merlin Entertainment annual pass.  It was $99 on Black Friday, $150 regular.  I've been to the Eye 3 times, Sea Life and Madam Tassaud's twice each.

Sea Life is well done.  the wax museum is better than I expected.  The Eye is best if you go around sundown, like right now, b/c it's still light out and the city lights turn on.

It gets busy.  I was there with Londoners and they were very interested in identifying some of the visible Orlando landmarks, like the convention center, Martin Lockheed, Universal, Downtown... even the Doubletree Castle, etc.  Of course you could see the other large hotel properties as well, but the Disney area was not discernable.  You could see Spaceship Earth above the horizon, but once it fell below the horizon, it disappeared.  Even at night. 

The Eye stops rotating an average of twice a trip I would say for the disabled to embark/debark.  It's relaxing.  It will be much cooler once the Skyplex goes up and the other tower ride near Charlie's Steakhouse; and the UNIQ hotel.  These will all be lit up at night and give more activity to view.

Archived