Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snaple4

Large open parking lot?

6 posts in this topic

I am going to try and teach my partner how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission. Any place you would recommend? She freaks out easy so it needs to be an empty lot.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Can't really make too many suggestions since I don't live there. About the only thing I would say is maybe something like one of the local malls parking lots on Sunday morning. There would probably be too many vehicles around a Walmart Supercenter's parking lot to be very comfortable even at odd times.

The War Memorial parking lot can be pretty empty on weekends if there isn't an event. The parking lots that connect together at Rebsamen Park might also be a good spot (and is also normally relatively empty depending on the time of day.

I don't know if you've found your answer to this by now, but the Highway Dept at I-30 and West Baseline (exit 130) has a big ole lot on the side. It's where I learned to drive in the 80s.

Shelli

mysaline.com

arkansite.com

The parking lot for the once-and-future Walmart at Chenal Parkway and Bowman Road could be ideal, since it's a large lot without an active store (except for serving the neighboring Sam's Club). Walmart will be reconfiguring its former store there possibly in time for a re-opening within 2012, but construction hasn't started yet and may not for some time.