Pulaski Tech Culinary School

skirby

It has been announced that Pulaski Tech will be building a new facility for their culinary school. The project will be in the range of 40,000 sq.ft. and cost in the neighborhood of $15 million. The building will be constructed at their I-30 location and that to me is a problem. Last year there was talk that it would be located in the Argenta area of NLR. Building it either in Argenta or downtown LR would make more sense because a greater number of people would be able to make use of the facility. At one of the downtown locations it would be very close to two farmers markets  as well as being located in an area that would offer greater promotion of the facility and its programs.

Locating it in one of the vacant buildings on Main Street would fit right in with the plans to redevelop Main into a artist community. The facility could include a storefront cafe and bakery run by the students.

Building it on I-30 will not only be a wasted opportunity for downtown LR/NLR but also Pulaski Tech.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived