Twelve Twelve - 312 units | 23 fl | ~260 ft | Sold Out

MTSUBlueraider86

Core drilling and utility marking started on the Eakin Twin Towers lot at 12th and Demonbreun Street. Smeagolsfree and I walked the site today. On www.eakinpartners.com the renderings for the 16-20 story office building and the 20 story 275 unit condo tower are new. The original was a 20 story office tower and a 28 story condo tower. The glass as you remember was turquoise green.

On the site they claim to have a lead tenant for the 350,000-450,000 office tower and the 1.5 million square foot project. Core drilling and utility marking COULD BE AN INDICATION SOMETHING IS STARTING. They may want to beat WES and Lionstone coming out of the ground. I think the lead tenant is Colliers which had looked at WES and Lionstone in the past.

BR

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would definitely spruce up that corner...it's rather a mess as it is.

1201Demonbreun.jpg

And with Bar Louie taking 8,000 square in the retail portion of the Velocity, things are continuing to look up in the Gulch. I haven't checked out the in-progress streetscape work, but Public Works seems to have a good handle on how to do such things. I'll be anxious to take a look in a few weeks.

That explains a lot i guess. I can see this project maybe moving forward a little faster if Lionstone is not going to be built. They had an anchor tenant with Colliers but who knows. With the announcement of the Bristol project and the Pine Street Lofts there is a lot of momentum in this area for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! 300 units on the Eakin lot would put it at 20+ stories I would think.

Add the 300 + unit Pine Street Flats and 11 N project in the north part of the gulch with 300 + units and we are talking up to another 2,000 people moving to the area. If 40,000 people are moving to Nashvile's MSA every year, I think the units could be filled pretty quick.

Hmmm, I'm usually pretty optimistic, but it sounds a little pie in the sky to me. The prices are just really high. I understand they are aimed at those rates, but I am just wondering if there is a market for that? Maybe so with the music industry in the area. Maybe big shots need somewhere to stay when coming into Nashville to record or whatever. Anyways, if they can build and be successful, bring it on!!

Wow, I guess I've lived on a college loan budget for too long! :lol: It'll be nice to get a positive income flow once I graduate! Thanks for the insight on the rent prices. I really had no clue, especially near the DT more urban areas. Like I said, I've been around lower cost of living in Knoxville (collegiate area and some parts of town at least), Cookeville, and the Tullahoma-Manchester areas for awhile now! The years just fly by. Hopefully, my wife and I can come back to the Nashville area once we're out of school. It's been too long away from Nashville. I love hearing this great news for the development front. Sounds like Nashville is fairing better than others or at least the general economic outlook.

What I am seeing here is the Ray Hensler Project is part of the twin tower Eakin project. For some reason I thought that Laurel was farther down but this puts it right on the Eakin lot.

Hopefully this will move forward sooner rather than later.

Yes the wording here confused me a bit. This is the empty lot across from Deja Vu, right?

Yes, that is the lot. Persons living and or working in this property will have a birds eye view of Deja Vu!

BR

Just part of the urban fabric.. move into the inner city and you get used to it! :shok: Sort of like when the Goodwill Outlet was across the street from us.. people would come in, buy whatever they could stuff into a bag for $2.00 a pound, or whatever, then go out on 9th Avenue, change into something and leave their old stuff on the side of the street.. very colorful!

Of course, the outlet is no longer there and is replaced by their really nice training center, big parking lot and nice green space.. so things like that aren't necessarily permanent..

David

• 1 month later...

Archived