Twelve Twelve - 312 units | 23 fl | ~260 ft | Sold Out

MTSUBlueraider86

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

Very sharp looking tower. This is part of the two tower development, right? Does anyone know if the office tower will follow soon after

As of right now, I would imagine the office portion won't go up until that market recovers. There are so many developers who SHOULD be offering more incentives to get contracts for their on buildings, that the office portion here will probably be a couple years off.

I'm thinking this rendering is the northeast elevation. Looks great and very modern, something relatively lacking in the apartment market overall.

This is the southeastern elevation. The southern patch is Hensler, the northern is to be Eakin's tower. So we are looking at the side facing the Gulch, corner of 12th and Laurel.

Picture it on this map as pictured. Must have MapsGL enabled on Google Maps to see it. http://goo.gl/maps/q4RJh

This is the southeastern elevation. The southern patch is Hensler, the northern is to be Eakin's tower. So we are looking at the side facing the Gulch, corner of 12th and Laurel.

Picture it on this map as pictured. Must have MapsGL enabled on Google Maps to see it. http://goo.gl/maps/q4RJh

That was my guess at first but thought otherwise because of the pool/amenties deck. Hopefully the place the pool as close to the west edge as possible or it'll be shaded a good portion of the day anytime of year.

Anyways, this along with The SoBro will set the pace for what the next evolution in high rise apartment living in Nashville will look like.

Honestly, in terms of high-rise luxury apartments, I think we only get these two. While yes, our market is saturated, it's saturated from all angles. These two alone can carry the top end of the market. Beyond that I don't think Nashville can support multiple rental high rises with rates that are $1500+/month. What I believe will be seen is more projects like Ryman Lofts and Pine Street Flats in SoBro, along Lafayette, Lea, and Elm.

Saturated market overall? I'd hardly call 97% occupancy and the first day Eleven North opening with 100% occupancy hardly saturated. Every study has shown the downtown market is underserved and will see tremendous growth. I think the number of projects of this and 12th & Laurel sizes will be few and far between, but more likely, as you said, to get more low to mid-rise structures to fill in the voids. However, market dictates what the asking price is for land and to turn a profit you've gotta go higher, or buy huge tracts and produce nauseating large mass structures that kill the streets.

Just following up on the placement, here is the rendering for the office tower at 12th and Demonbreun. 12th and Laurel can be seen behind it. Also, Tim or Ron - probably time to change the title of this thread to 12th and Laurel for sake of searches/hit count.

http://www.eakinpartners.com/12thanddemonbreu.html

ad12th.png

I sure hope Eakin can do better than a 12-story squat on such a prominent corner. It would look so pathetic against the 23-story residential tower. It really should be 45 stories or taller. Can you imagine how that would look from the north on I-65 coming toward downtown... with the "reach" of the skyline moving ever westward.

Just following up on the placement, here is the rendering for the office tower at 12th and Demonbreun. 12th and Laurel can be seen behind it. Also, Tim or Ron - probably time to change the title of this thread to 12th and Laurel for sake of searches/hit count.

http://www.eakinpart...ddemonbreu.html

ad12th.png

Hastings Architecture has the project on their webpage and shows the proposed 16-20 floor tower and the one above doesn't exist. I'm having a feeling the Hastings site is accurate and the Eakin page needs to be updated.

Archived