Twelve Twelve - 312 units | 23 fl | ~260 ft | Sold Out

MTSUBlueraider86

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know one thing's for sure, going past it on the interstate (I-40) this thing will look huge! With the interstate being sunken down below ground level, (right when you go past it) and how close it is, I already find myself stretching to look up and to see this thing. Hell it's only a few floors up now so I can only imagine how tall this thing will look once topped out at 270'.

I know one thing's for sure, going past it on the interstate (I-40) this thing will look huge! With the interstate being sunken down below ground level, (right when you go past it) and how close it is, I already find myself stretching to look up and to see this thing. Hell it's only a few floors up now so I can only imagine how tall this thing will look once topped out at 270'.

I noticed that Friday evening going through Nashville. It will look massive.

Does anyone know (or have a good estimate about) how tall the cranes on site are?  Are there standard crane heights that are typically used or are they tailored to the height requirements of a given project and built to size?

Those cranes are not probably around 150' tall or so.  I'm guessing on that.  When the time comes, those cranes will jump up to whatever height is needed. Tower cranes like these have a hydraulic lift that will lift the cab section of the crane while the crane itself lifts another 20' or 30' foot section into place under the cab. 

Around 4:40 or so shows the process of how the crane will jump. 

No doubt it will stand tall (in the Nashville sense) on that lot. The 16-20 story Eakin building on the Demonbreun side of this parcel will create a real massing effect. These two buildings will also help to draw The Gulch closer to Midtown in terms of both skyline and street activation.

No doubt it will stand tall (in the Nashville sense) on that lot. The 16-20 story Eakin building on the Demonbreun side of this parcel will create a real massing effect. These two buildings will also help to draw The Gulch closer to Midtown in terms of both skyline and street activation.

For sure. I'm gonna be expecting you to provide some weekly update photos too.  :good:

This will be a real impact project in terms of visibility from multiple vantage points - the downtown interstate loop, traffic heading downtown from West End and Demonbreun, from the East side and from the Gulch itself.    I went for a run last night through the Gulch and was impressed at how the 12th & Laurel site sits a good 25-30 ft (guessing) in elevation above 11th Ave where Gulch Crossings will go.

Ok, I'm jealous of the view.

The view is awesome but it comes with a price!  Bar Louie patrons like to get a little rowdy around 1-2am on Friday and Saturday nights.  You wouldn't believe some of the things I've witnessed from my balcony!  I just try to sit back and enjoy the show, I knew exactly what I was signing up for with a west facing unit.  The English Pub right under me will be open before long, the possibilities are endless!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My usual Thanksgiving/ Christmas/ other holiday drive by photos. I was going to jump off of the interstate, roam around and take some of each project, but it was either take pics or make it over to Deja Vu and rest up a little for the rest of my drive.  :rofl:

I'll try to take more on the way back through Nashville. 

2013-11-27174758_zpsa0f2545c.jpg

2013-11-27174718_zps0c2393c8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm curious what that will do to the values of the condos. If I were buying, I would rather put my money in a building that is 100% owned as opposed to half being rented. I would be concerned about upkeep and maintenance issues in the common spaces as an owner and would question if I was subsidizing the building owner's business expenses.

Archived