smeagolsfree

Elliston 23 ~331 Apartment Units w/ Retail in MidTown | 6 stories | @Elliston Pl and 23rd Ave | UNDER CONSTRUCTION

59 posts in this topic

From the NBJ & NP.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2010/11/08/developers-want-348000-square-foot.html

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2010/11/8/massive_mixeduse_project_set_for_elliston_place

Anyone want to take a guess as to how many floors this baby will be? 347,000 sq ft. This is the lot next to the Hampton Inn.

From the NBJ & NP.

http://www.bizjourna...quare-foot.html

http://www.nashville..._elliston_place

Anyone want to take a guess as to how many floors this baby will be? 347,000 sq ft. This is the lot next to the Hampton Inn.

A proposal my firm looked at was 9 stories at about 230,000 sf (nearly breaking the skyplane). I would guess this would be around 14 stories depending on the footprint.

I agree 10-15 stories although I would like to see 20!

Very exciting project. Now lets see if it ever gets built as we have been very disappointed lately with the Westin, WES, Signature, Lionstone, Griffin Plaza, Sounds Struever Bros Project, Eakin Twin Towers, The "W" Hotel, Pine Street Lofts, etc...

BR86

I agree 10-15 stories although I would like to see 20!

Very exciting project. Now lets see if it ever gets built as we have been very disappointed lately with the Westin, WES, Signature, Lionstone, Griffin Plaza, Sounds Struever Bros Project, Eakin Twin Towers, The "W" Hotel, Pine Street Lofts, etc...

BR86

Here was my pitch. This was before it was bought by someone else, though.

office.jpg

Good find. I like the green tinge on that building!

Good find. I like the green tinge on that building!

It's not a find. It's just something I did.

And for reference, that was nearly 200,000 sf and was 9 stories.

That is a nice "faux" rendering and yes, it could be twice that size. The views of the park, West End, Vanderbilt etc...will be stunning from the top of that building.

BR86

And for reference, that was nearly 200,000 sf and was 9 stories.

First mistake: Using the word "just." Second mistake, not using the word "impressive." That's an awesome render. Add 4-7 stories at different places, make it more The West End-y and I think it's a winner.

Sorry, should have clarified. The "find" I was referring to was the project. I still like that rendering!

I hope the new project is a lot more street friendly. Elliston Place is in a vibrant, walkable community and needs more provisions for retail businesses and entertainment venues accessible directly from the street.

I know this is an incessant mantra used by some to criticize all office block projects to a point where it just becomes silly. But in this area, the demand for such services is high. There are very few street fronts near here where there is no retail on the major roads. However, in the Mid-town/Vanderbilt area, if you build it,they will come.

Edited by PHofKS

I am disappointed in only six stories, not much of a view of Vanderbilt, Centennial Park, or the Parthenon, but its better than the vacant lot. At six stories, it should have some nice detailed human scale architecture and better than some of the other apartment buildings in the area.

BR86

I am disappointed in only six stories, not much of a view of Vanderbilt, Centennial Park, or the Parthenon, but its better than the vacant lot. At six stories, it should have some nice detailed human scale architecture and better than some of the other apartment buildings in the area.

BR86

This is a key site for improving the character and direction this mix use area is heading. A six story building is an reasonable scale building for the area at this time. If the program is for about 300 apartments that would be a great addition to this transitional midtown area. Hopefully the building will build up to the sidewalk and have the parking structure totally hidden in the rear. The area has a good start in mix use and is walkable to Vanderbilt, Baptist, and the park. Hopefully if this project happens it will a more urban site plan than the adjacent suburban looking hampton inn. Apartments at this time are in demand and are economically feasible.

Yeah disappointed with the height, but how tall is the building with Flemmings, B&N, etc.? Definitely welcome in the area.

The rendering is in today's Tennessean. They say six stories which would say it will be a concrete building. I think 5 stories is the limit for stick frame (lumber) construction. I think its a nice rendering.

www.tennessean.com

BR86

Is it only in the print edition? Can't find it online.

The rendering is in today's Tennessean. They say six stories which would say it will be a concrete building. I think 5 stories is the limit for stick frame (lumber) construction. I think its a nice rendering.

www.tennessean.com

BR86

Here's the rendering from the paper. Sorry about the quality; it was a small image on newsprint. I'm guessing a building of this size and as long as it is will be quite impressive. The 500 or so folks basing their lives there will do much to further activate the street...probably in ways Elliston has never yet seen. Quite a welcome addition.

EllistonPlace.jpg

Nice.. thanks, Dave.

I'm guessing this would be similar in size to Velocity.

MTFAN Can you be a little more specific than "na"? Please clarify what you mean for a conducive discussion.

Thanks!

BR