Elliston 23 ~331 Apartment Units w/ Retail in MidTown | 6 stories | @Elliston Pl and 23rd Ave | UNDER CONSTRUCTION

smeagolsfree

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The official rendering on Creating Places by William Williams:

http://williamwillia...r.blogspot.com/

Very nice looking building. This will create a great pedestrian vibe for the growing area. Those on the top floor will have some great views of the Vanderbilt and West End area. We need dozens of similar projects in Nashville such as this one.

BR

I thought this needed it's own thread as it will break ground soon. This is a great development for Nashville and Mid Town. It will go on the lot where Father Ryan High School used to be a couple of blocks from the Parthenon.

If they built 50 more of these and no high rises, I would be satisfied. It's great infill with residential and retail.

Picture%2030.png

• 1 month later...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Nashville,+TN&hl=en&ll=36.148644,-86.809416&spn=0.005276,0.009645&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.224734,79.013672&vpsrc=6&hnear=Nashville,+Davidson,+Tennessee&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=36.148746,-86.80949&panoid=ajss5rhStbNJuJp10OC_aA&cbp=12,39.62,,0,-9.07

This is great, an all around no brainer and long overdue. I was just wondering about Tony G the other day and whether he was still in the game. However, all this positivity comes with a caveat. There is a perfectly good and attractive two story structure occupying what may be a fifth of this site. It would be perfectly wasteful to demolish it when, in combination with the new structure, it would add to the density and mix of uses to the area especially considering how it is already currently occupied.

It seems that we need developers to start thinking more conservationally and ecologically. Say, even if Tony G. were to go for a leed certified building, that rating would take a big hit by destroying an extant building. Unless he were to recycle as much of that material as possible; maybe he will.

And what the hell is with the Jiffy Lube at the corner of Elliston and 25th? I bet Mr. Jiffy Lube is sitting on a fortune.

I like this project a lot. I am a big supporter of mid-rise density in the West End/Mid Town area and this will be of a scale that is appropriate on the Centennial Park periphery.

I don't see anything remarkable about the building to be replaced; no distinctive architecture or a strong sense of place. The proposed structure will add more value to the area in the form of feet on the street and demand for residential retail services.

Park25.jpg

I would think the Jiffy Lube lot would see some similiar development within a few years, although I would rather see a 'signature' structure in the form of a mid-rise, flat iron building go on the triangle shaped lot where West End and Elliston diverge.

I like this project a lot. I am a big supporter of mid-rise density in the West End/Mid Town area and this will be of a scale that is appropriate on the Centennial Park periphery. I don't see anything remarkable about the building to be replaced; no distinctive architecture or a strong sense of place. The proposed structure will add more value to the area in the form of feet on the street and demand for residential retail services. Park25.jpg I would think the Jiffy Lube lot would see some similiar development within a few years, although I would rather see a 'signature' structure in the form of a mid-rise, flat iron building go on the triangle shaped lot where West End and Elliston diverge.

I totally agree that this is exactly needed and a perfect fit for the area. I just think it's a shame to destroy any more of Nashville's good built fabric when there's so little of it left. I was imagining how the existing building could have been incorporated into the new development sort of how the two little brick houses in the Gulch were to be re-used in the Griffin something complex. Plus, Tony has demolished a couple of true Nashville gems and given us back something less. Hopefully, he won't move forward with the demo until this thing is for sure a go.

Also, it's hard to know for sure what will be incorporated from such a preliminary rendering, but this thing needs lots of street level retail space fronting on the park. It needs outdoor seating space for restaurants and cafes. The developers or the city need to widen the sidewalk to accommodate this. We need developers and the city to really start thinking long-term with these projects and stop focusing on the willy-nilly, piecemeal approach.

• 4 weeks later...

This will be another dorm for Vanderbilt, but hopefully rents will serve all demographics in Nashville. One of the problems with ICON in The Gulch is there is a large amount of Vandy students living there because their parents bought them units. I fear this will be another such project. Many who want urban living are settling down after raising children. Living in such a property would beat the purpose for living there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived