Elliston 23 ~331 Apartment Units w/ Retail in MidTown | 6 stories | @Elliston Pl and 23rd Ave | UNDER CONSTRUCTION

smeagolsfree

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dunno why, but i LOVE this project!

eric b

Me too, I hope it inspires many imitators, and not necessarily just in the high end market. I'd like to see this kind of 4-5 floors of residential over retail and restaurant space, with wide sidewalks, become a kind of new norm for lining the major corridors within 3-5 miles of downtown. Instant neighborhood with 1 or 2 projects like this. Transit and pedestrian friendly, and anti-sprawl, bringing population back into town. And in this case at least, a really classy looking building.

Seems to be an issue with all of the new projects. It really hurts the aesthetics.

It does to an extent but NES can only doo so much because I'm sure it'd be a very, very expensive project to bury lines such as these in midtown and downtown. Maybe it'll be a future project but I can overlook them. It could be a lot worse, i.e. Midtown Atlanta's high voltage lines they've got. Now those are just rude.

Archived