Bentonville schools 9-year plan now online

KJW

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a little about this recently. Something about Bentonville trying to decide what to do next, build a new high school which if course costs more money. Or build another school pulling the lowest grade level out of the high school. A cheaper option but also more of a 'band-aid' solution to the problem. But I believe I also heard that it may not be too far into the future for Bentonville to also have to consider a third high school. You've got to think that with Crystal Bridges opening in the near future, population growth isn't going to subside anytime soon in Bentonville.

• 11 months later...

Mith, this is from the "really weird facts" department, but I think Bentonville High may have a unique claim among the 50 American members of the "biggest high school in their state" club...figured you'd get a chuckle out of this.

Here is a "mashup" map of the Bentonville School district in the lower part of the page. Bentonville High is at the green dot that has the number "5" on it. See anything unusual, especially when you go closer in?

Yep...Bentonville, Arkansas' largest high school within a hairsbreadth of 4,000 students, is ONE BLOCK AWAY from the Rogers School District. If you switch to "Satellite" view you'll see the BHS complex, with the school's east parking lot one block west of the intersection of SE 21st and SE S Streets, just northwest of the Sam's Club headquarters. Only in Arkansas...no wonder (no pun intended) we used to be called the "Wonder State". :)

Mith, this is from the "really weird facts" department, but I think Bentonville High may have a unique claim among the 50 American members of the "biggest high school in their state" club...figured you'd get a chuckle out of this.

Here is a "mashup" map of the Bentonville School district in the lower part of the page. Bentonville High is at the green dot that has the number "5" on it. See anything unusual, especially when you go closer in?

Yep...Bentonville, Arkansas' largest high school within a hairsbreadth of 4,000 students, is ONE BLOCK AWAY from the Rogers School District. If you switch to "Satellite" view you'll see the BHS complex, with the school's east parking lot one block west of the intersection of SE 21st and SE S Streets, just northwest of the Sam's Club headquarters. Only in Arkansas...no wonder (no pun intended) we used to be called the "Wonder State". :)

Yeah that is weird to think the high school is so close to the Rogers school district.

Archived