Gigantic Silo/Tower in Huntersville

drumsy

I saw this on Friday from some distance away on Ramah Church Rd. Yesterday I was able to drive by it on Old Statesville Rd at a company called Pactiv. Has anyone seen it and/or have any information on its purpose?

I also saw what looked like an out of place flyover being constructed. I found more information on that here:

http://www.huntersvilleherald.com/news/2010/12/16/%E2%80%98flyover%E2%80%99-project-costing-1-7-million-less/

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad works for the pactiv/prarie packaging facility up in mooresville and i asked him about it. The company itself produces plastic lids for cups from starbucks, mcdonalds, ect. He thinks they may use it to store virgin plastic material.

It looks like there are windows, or openings for windows, on every floor. As to the height, I dare not give an accurate estimate, but driving by in the pouring rain yesterday, I want to say maybe 20 floors. It is very intriguing to me.

I saw this on Friday from some distance away on Ramah Church Rd. Yesterday I was able to drive by it on Old Statesville Rd at a company called Pactiv. Has anyone seen it and/or have any information on its purpose?

I also saw what looked like an out of place flyover being constructed. I found more information on that here:

http://www.huntersvi...7-million-less/

The tower is being constructed by ABB, a Swedish manufacturer of electric cables. Their complex is planned to be about 240,000 square feet, according to this press release, which also includes a picture of the 430-foot-tall tower. A rendering of the full complex is featured in this article from the Huntersville Herald.

The tower is being constructed by ABB, a Swedish manufacturer of electric cables. Their complex is planned to be about 240,000 square feet, according to this press release, which also includes a picture of the 430-foot-tall tower. A rendering of the full complex is featured in this article from the Huntersville Herald.

Thanks for the information.

Archived