Filming in Charlotte

ah59396

• 3 weeks later...

I'm putting this here as I think the TV network stuff belongs as well.  ESPN hires Tim Tebow for Charlotte's SEC Network.  I've never been a Tebow fan, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize his draw. More importantly I think it shows a determination by the SEC network to be a strong player.  

Cue the constant Tim Tebow dining out at XYZ restaurant in Charlotte posts on Twitter...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

^Happy for the economy. Not so happy, if this means more City subsidies of Eastland are now even more likely.

More likely as in >0%? Yes.

More likely as in the movie studio proposal, as is, will somehow actually happen?  Not much.

Unless a major source of private money decides to contribute millions, I can't imagine public support would ever be enough for the Movie Studio Charlotte fantasy to happen. 

^Yeah.  I admit I was a believer in them and their idea but when it's time to show your cards and you can't then it's time to find another developer.   I wonder if the ARK Group is still interested.

I've lost some faith in ARK group too since their proposal for Carolina Theater wasn't all that compelling compared to their competition, and then they bought this warehouse on W. Morehead with big well-publicized and semi-exciting plans, only to back out and start looking to just quietly get rid of it.

Edited by nonillogical

:) I am all for him building Studio Charlotte in South Carolina. Not only would we not have to pay a dime, we would reap a lot of the same economic benefits as if he built it here.

That just cost too much money especially for an industry I'm skeptical that would be stable in Charlotte. What would keep film companies coming and staying here?

It doesn't matter, really. What matters is answering the question; what next. Split up the parcels?

I've lost some faith in ARK group too since their proposal for Carolina Theater wasn't all that compelling compared to their competition, and then they bought this warehouse on W. Morehead with big well-publicized and semi-exciting plans, only to back out and start looking to just quietly get rid of it.

I appreciate your feelings, but I thought there plan was a lot more interesting than FFTC who seemed to get it based on their connections (at least that's how I see it).

I appreciate your feelings, but I thought there plan was a lot more interesting than FFTC who seemed to get it based on their connections (at least that's how I see it).

Not that their plan was less exciting, because it wasn't, just that their proposal didn't seem as serious and ready-to-go. Similarly their plan for Eastland seemed like more of a pipe dream and didn't exude as much confidence as Studio Charlotte's did. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

BOA Corporate Center yesterday as well.

Large film crew off Elizabeth last night. Trailers, cop cars, ect. Anyone have an idea what it was? Banshee maybe?

Its an upcoming movie called Ashby with Mickey Rourke, Emma Roberts and and Sarah Silverman. Mickey Rourke is officially intown, don't know about the ladies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

^According to CBJ they are going to film a scene in BoA stadium and are looking for extras to fill it up.  Hopefully the new massive screens will be utilized!

BTW I didn't know it was Mickey Rourke in town which explains the rumors I heard of Joan Rivers sightings... 

• Like 1

^According to CBJ they are going to film a scene in BoA stadium and are looking for extras to fill it up.  Hopefully the new massive screens will be utilized!

BTW I didn't know it was Mickey Rourke in town which explains the rumors I heard of Joan Rivers sightings... 

Rourke was filming on 5th st the other day and I got to get a picture with him at 5 Church. Awesome dude.

^According to CBJ they are going to film a scene in BoA stadium and are looking for extras to fill it up. Hopefully the new massive screens will be utilized!

What is the connection between MR and JR? Or is it a joke about her being ugly or something?

Edited by jednc

"The Wrestler" was an amazing film, from an equally amazing director (Darren Aranofsky - "Pi", "Requiem for a Dream"). Rourke was the center of what made that film so great. I have some respect for Mickey Rourke because of that film alone. I honestly don't know what he did prior to that film to tell you the truth, but I couldn't imagine a better actor to play that character in that film.

• 2 weeks later...