Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Previous Tall House/Hotel Site by the arena sold

7 posts in this topic

Rockford Development has apparently entered into a purchase of 45 Ionia, the site planned for Tall House and then for a hotel project, both of which failed to get off the ground. Glad to see Rockford so bullish on downtown lately! No word yet as to what is planned.

1 person likes this

Wow, that is fantastic news. Details of the sale? Do they have a certain amount of time to start construction before the option ends? They've had an option on this spot before, I hope they make something happen!

Joe

Was Rockford involved with either of the previous plans? Or could this perhaps just be land speculation?

Wow, that is fantastic news. Details of the sale? Do they have a certain amount of time to start construction before the option ends? They've had an option on this spot before, I hope they make something happen!

Joe

No timeline given. DDA will retain "possession" and use it for parking.

Rockford seems to be talking to a lot of suburban employers and making headway, so maybe they want to have "options" to offer? In case they land a big fish that wants big square footage.

With this lot and the one across from the arena in motion, we might be seeing some rebirth in the downtown development boom again. Let's hope!

Great news indeed. I'm moving part of our staff into an office that looks at this lot. I hope to be able to watch some construction in the future. :)

Joe

Great news indeed. I'm moving part of our staff into an office that looks at this lot. I hope to be able to watch some construction in the future. :) Joe

Lunch on Joe at HopCat! :alc: