Urban Apartment Boom (Raleigh)

orulz

On 11/30/2016 at 9:09 PM, Jones_ said:

You can't really see in the pic, but there is a substantial amount of stick framing behind the concrete as well. Interesting cost cutting, not making a full concrete pedestal....

Yes, concrete pedestal is only along Jones St. The wood framing starts with 1st floor all along the backside of the pedestal, as can partially be seen here: 9nij4jf.jpg?1

I sure am glad the occupied units are wrapping the parking deck....I was worried at first, Lane St was doomed to be a dead street. 

Based on my many walks around town and the fact that I work next door to Elan, Elan, Lincoln, Edison are all very close to fully leased. Quite fuller than I thought they'd be right now at least. With only Metropolitan and the two Dillion buildings coming for new apartments, and later on 301 Hillsborough and Smokey Hollow, I'm wondering what'll be next. I don't really sense a declining interest in living downtown even at these high rental price points. I'm starting to think I might actually some sort of complete build out of downtown in my lifetime (whatever THAT is exactly...)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to meet often on the low rise, pebble clad building immediately east of the parking deck....it houses the Local Government Commission and the Association of County Commissioners. I doubt they own the building so at some point I'd expect a developer to pry that area loose...the Reynolds would be my bet...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Both projects are by Lambert Development. The finished stuff is Townhouses with all but 2 sold to date. The cleared lot has changed proposed site plans a time or two. I think Lambert is also doing a row of townhouses on Clark at Enterprise and I think I read about another spot too. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...