Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mallguy

Department store outlets

5 posts in this topic

One type of retailer that Greenville lacks is a department store outlet, such as Saks Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack, etc.

Why doesn't Greenville have one yet? Are any on a developer's radar screen?

We have Gaffney for that! :-)

There's no department store outlet there though- I am sensing an untapped market here.

There's no department store outlet there though- I am sensing an untapped market here.

It's probably the proximity to Charlotte is to why Saks hasn't opened there. Then I don't think the outlets are really big enough (or upscale enough) to get an NM anyway.

One type of retailer that Greenville lacks is a department store outlet, such as Saks Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack, etc.

Why doesn't Greenville have one yet? Are any on a developer's radar screen?

Greenville does have one. It is Sears Outlets at The Shoppes at Plazagreen on Woodruff Road. Sears Outlet is everything non-apparel and accessories.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mallguy
      In case others are intrigued by mall history in Greenville, I thought that this thread might be useful.
      I have a few initial questions:
      1. Why in the world did developers build Haywood and Greenville malls so close to each other and at almost the same times?  Why did they build both in particular when McAlister Square was thriving at the time and was nearby?
      I was around at the time, but I was too young to know anything other than "all of a sudden we have 2 malls next to each other."
      2. When Haywood was built, did any of the downtown department stores consider staying downtown?  Why didn't they go to Greenville Mall; was Haywood announced at around the same time, so they chose the bigger mall?
      I just remember that they all closed at the same time, and downtown was left basically abandoned.
      I'm so glad that downtown finally seems to have the upper hand, after so many years.
    • By trongrr
      The GR Press and Advance are reporting that developer Jeff Hundley is trying to bring a new grocer and restaurant to the old Family Fare location at 28th and Cascade Road. Is this the Trader Joe's we have been looking for? (You just read that in Obi Wan Kenobi's voice).

Link to Advance article -

Link to Grand Rapids Press article -