Comments made by Mayor Fox

caterpillar2

Does anyone find the news broadcast Mayor Foxx made yesterday as highly inappropriate? He said that he will seek 4,000 jobs for trouble kids like the gang members that ran through the streets recently while festivities were being held uptown. He said that finding them jobs will keep them from getting into trouble.

My question is, why doesn't he find jobs for youth that obey laws and are good students as well regardless of race? The photos displayed depicted all black youth and the message pointed towards them as being the ones that will be given the jobs. I know lots of unemployed people that don't even ask for unemployment that should be given jobs if he makes them available. These people need to buy groceries and pay mortgages and bills.

If these kids need jobs, there are many around at fast food places and other places where young people work. It would help them get jobs if they would simply lose the attitude, speak intelligently, pull up the pants, and the idea that they are owed anything without giving something. I was as poor as these kids when I was young. I cut grass, delivered papers, raked leaves, washed cars and did odd jobs that are always available.

Up to now, I respected and supported Foxx. He just showed me his true colors. We have to stop this type of double standard if we want harmony in the community. In my opinion, this was a thoughtless move on behalf of the mayor.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question is, why doesn't he find jobs for youth that obey laws and are good students as well regardless of race?

Because youth who obey laws and are good students are usually capable of getting jobs themselves, or have good parental support.

I'm a big supporter of Anthony Foxx, despite being probably polar opposites politically from him- he's a good guy to the core.

Because youth who obey laws and are good students are usually capable of getting jobs themselves, or have good parental support. I'm a big supporter of Anthony Foxx, despite being probably polar opposites politically from him- he's a good guy to the core.

So it is his job to find jobs for those that don't obey laws. I thought that would be the responsibility of the parent and significant others?

So it is his job to find jobs for those that don't obey laws. I thought that would be the responsibility of the parent and significant others?

It's his job to protect the law-abiding citizens among us from crime, and if getting jobs for the thugs of charlotte will accomplish that, I'm all for it.

Archived