Urban Green Lab in Inglewood Neighborhood

timmay143

This is pretty cool. This is a nonprofit organization called Urban Green Lab. Plans are to build a community center in Inglewood. Nissan has pledged $375,000 of the $1.5 million project cost. The project will have a 5,000 square foot building and small amphitheater. The center will promote sustainable living techniques such as urban gardening, composting, and home weatherization.

Urban Green Lab center will draw residents and students

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do enjoy living over here, even after growing up here back in the dark ages. One gratifying thing is what's happened at Riverside Village. I started my first job in the pharmacy at Riverside in 1969 and knew the grocer, dry cleaner, Lion station operator, 5 & 10 store people...basically everyone, even assorted Grand Ol' Opry stars stopping in for ice cream. I was disgruntled to see what had happened to it during the 80s and 90s, but now, I couldn't be happier. Thanks to Dan Hellar for his vision. Now, our Green Lab. Gee, with the new kids across the street with their Prius, I'm really happy I'm an environmentalist in my own special way. Now, if I can figure out just what an old hipster wears....

Archived