13 Story Hyatt | @3rd and Demonbreun | COMPLETED

MTFAN

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard about it on Channel 4. According to the post, the Hotel is...

....slated to front Third Avenue on the current site home to Rock City Machine Co. and to be sandwiched between the Encore condominum tower and the restaurant Sole Mio

In this area (note the Rock City Machine Building)..

SoBroRisingx.jpg

More great density in the SoBro area and feet on the street. Some development by these people had been rumored for a while. They have done a good job.

barakat - although I have not seen the rendering, the building is most likely being built to the property line. It fronts streets on 3 sides, so should have windows on the W, N and E sides, but the south side, against Sole Mio, if they build to the property line, will be required to be a "fire wall." If you pulled back from the property line, you could have a condition like the Bristol on Broadway agains the hotel garage for example.

A rendering of the "wall" is on the City Paper's splash section. While I don't like the wall as pictured, I can see something very Time Square-ish, but Music City branded massive signage a la the Broadway/West End triangle. I like splashes of color within an urbanscape, and this just might be a place where this would be appropriate as people coming into town north on Second descend upon the city. Underwear ads discouraged, but something hip and dramatic perhaps.

Hayesmw - That makes perfect sense, and I thought it must be built to the property line. Not crazy about it, but I get it.

barakat - although I have not seen the rendering, the building is most likely being built to the property line. It fronts streets on 3 sides, so should have windows on the W, N and E sides, but the south side, against Sole Mio, if they build to the property line, will be required to be a "fire wall." If you pulled back from the property line, you could have a condition like the Bristol on Broadway agains the hotel garage for example.

That's enticing. I'll hold on the phrase, "tell us more," provided "soon" holds its accepted definition.

But, you have my ears perked up.

Lets just say there is some serious action going on. As in all real estate and development there are a few tweaks that need to happen, but it looks pretty strong right now. I wish i could say more but i would be banned from my house (and might be already for saying this much) but here is a hint...think Encore 2.....

I knew that lot would see some action soon.

Lets just say there is some serious action going on. As in all real estate and development there are a few tweaks that need to happen, but it looks pretty strong right now. I wish i could say more but i would be banned from my house (and might be already for saying this much) but here is a hint...think Encore 2.....

Having problems posting here guys,

John said that he spoke to construction workers at the CC site and they had told him there was a 23 story planned bwtn 4th , KVB and Peabody . Think these two lots could be confused with one another.

I am positive about the location, the developer and the brand if it goes through and it is not the same one you are mentioning. there are several"thoughts" out there but this one is closer to reality.

Tony Giarratana has three new projects on the boards. One is the new hotel that has been in discussion here. The hotel is a 315 room 4 start hotel and as yet unnamed brand. This would be on the corner lot on 4th avenue across from the new Omni Hotel.

The next is a 395’ apartment building with around 273 units. This would be located on Third Avenue next to the Encore on the Cumberland River side. There would be 3 levels of below grade parking and a 10 story garage on the south side. The architect is Solomon Corwell & Buenz.

The last is a massive 700,000 square foot office building on Church St. called 5CST. This looks to be at least 40 stories with a 1000 car parking garage, a 6000 sq ft ball room and a 200 room 5 star hotel. It is unclear to what the height will be but I suspect that it would be in the neighborhood of 690’ to 740’ based on the comparison between it and the Fifth Third building. The architect is Adrian Smith, Gordon Gill out of Chicago.

The time table on all of these projects remain unclear, however I suspect it will be a long term plan, especially for the office tower.

nashville_vision.jpg

Here is the link to the web site:

http://giarratana.com/

Wow! This is quite a proposal. If this comes to fruition, along with other rumored hotels and Gulch development, this area will have quite a skyline of its own.

The 505 CST Office Building looks to be roughly 43 floors and may make it about 650 ft tall in my estimation. But it would still be taller than the AT&T Building (Batman Bldg) still dominate the skyline with that distinctive (Easter Island?) silhouette.

And please, Tony; add five more feet to the apartments to make it an even 400 ft. That will make it in the world almanac list of tall buildings.

Archived