13 Story Hyatt | @3rd and Demonbreun | COMPLETED

MTFAN

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.tennessea...{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

Looks like this is a go, and White Lodging was working with Hyatt and not Giarratana. Hope the property Giarratana is looking to develop will happen.

My understanding was that White wanted another property in addition to this one. My guess is they are talking to Giarratana but who knows....

According to Producer2 The start date is April 1st, 2012 for the Hyatt, and it will be finished and open before the Omni.

Producer2 told me Westin is looking at three sites:

1) Next to Encore.

2) The large Michael hayes lot where Tony operates a Premier Parking lot.

3) The original site.

He said the most likely lot is the large Michael Hayes lot. This is the lot on 3rd that has the red concrete columns.

13 stories is pretty small. Another downtown lot being occupied by a building that should be in midtown. I don't like seeing prime downtown real estate being taken up by such small buildings. There are buildings on the Vanderbilt campus taller than this. This is simply an example of poor land use management. You don't reduce your carbon footprint and make use of downtown land efficiently with such a small building.

13 stories is pretty small. Another downtown lot being occupied by a building that should be in midtown. I don't like seeing prime downtown real estate being taken up by such small buildings. There are buildings on the Vanderbilt campus taller than this. This is simply an example of poor land use management. You don't reduce your carbon footprint and make use of downtown land efficiently with such a small building.

I agree, and to add to the "insult" I'm afraid this is going to look extremely cheap. Although its infill, we don't need cheap looking infill in the midst of the Schermerhorn, Pinnacle, and MCC.

It is confirmed that it will have the "firewall" i.e. the whole side of the building facing Gateway BLVD. having no windows? That to me is going to look horrendous.

Seriously? That's ipretty disappointing. When is the city of Nashville going to step up and blaze some trails by actually doing things right the first time rather than dragging their feet and putting band-aids on gaping wounds with half-assed, half-funded crap that will require fixing later on? I love the city and I know there are certain financial limitations to consider, but I swear, Nashville is so 'cheap' in comparison to most of it's peer cities.

That makes more sense,- Thanks

So the blank wall face will show temporarily until another building abuts the firewall. So if Gateway is actually KVB then the firewall is actually 1/2 a block away from the road frontage with two buildings in between. Not bad IMO and as stated it allows for Sole Mio to be replaced by a mid-rise down the road.

I believe that the firewall is required so that the building can be constructed up to the property line, therefore the possibility that another structure could go up adjoining on the next lot.

He, Michael. Is there anything in the works for your lot?

There is a master plan that includes a significant office building with parking lined with retail and residential, but nothing active at 3rd and KVB other than surface parking for now for the Ragland building. This lot is a vital link between the MCC/Omni complex and the Thermal site. We are waiting to see what happens along the river before moving forward with anything here. We are more focuesd on the 2 blocks to the north and northeast first.

Thanks for the update Michael! I am in the IP video surveillance industry and we are working with downtown developers and business owners to provide video surveillance technology for new projects coming on line in the near future. It's good to know you have more plans for downtown development. Any renderings yet for this significant office building with parking lined with retail and residential?

That makes more sense,- Thanks

So the blank wall face will show temporarily until another building abuts the firewall. So if Gateway is actually KVB then the firewall is actually 1/2 a block away from the road frontage with two buildings in between. Not bad IMO and as stated it allows for Sole Mio to be replaced by a mid-rise down the road.

I disagree. who knows when Sole Mio will be bought and developed- it could be years. Thousands of people every day will see this blank brick wall. It looks terrible IMO.

I disagree. who knows when Sole Mio will be bought and developed- it could be years. Thousands of people every day will see this blank brick wall. It looks terrible IMO.

Agreed! Look at the blank wall on the south side of the old Fidelity Federal Building on Union Street. That blank wall has been there since the 1960's. This is a 12 story blank wall. The same could be said of the blank walls around the base of TPAC. Not very attractive.

Archived