13 Story Hyatt | @3rd and Demonbreun | COMPLETED

MTFAN

I am not saying it will be pretty but it is 1/2 a block off the road and yes, also hope they will sell billboard space or maybe even a large TV Screen...not the end of the world IMO. Anyway it sounds as if metro codes as forcing them to built the wall so the grip is really with metro.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the real problem is not everyone can agree on the codes. There was a major push by a lot of folks (in and out of government) to pass this version for Sobro. The firewall on the property line was part of it. If they want to move off of the property line then no firewall. It's not one entities "fault"

Whistle-Stop, the blank wall is a fire prevention device, so that when/if another building goes up adjoining the hotel, fire could not spread as easily from one structure to another. Let's hope that building codes and fire safety will prevent Nashville ever seeing a highrise fire resulting i loss of life. I was in Chicago in 2003 when a downtown office tower fire killed about a dozen folks...I never want to see that in Nashville. Fire codes save lives (when enforced properly, of course).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like it will be 2 or 3 floors of underground parking and 150 feet. Still, not a bad building for Nashville. I'll take a 150 building on every surface lot downtown.

Yep. If it sends the parking underground and something above ground then I'm game.

• 4 weeks later...

ARK - demo was complete about a month and a half ago. Haven't been to that side of town since. Will be in the area on Tuesday next week so will try to grab a couple pics from my cell.

Forgot you were in Memphis - could have met up when I was there this past weekend.

ARK - demo was complete about a month and a half ago. Haven't been to that side of town since. Will be in the area on Tuesday next week so will try to grab a couple pics from my cell.

Forgot you were in Memphis - could have met up when I was there this past weekend.

For sure hit me up when you are in the future. I'll be helping a friend move from Nashville to Memphis in about a month so I'll be able to get some more updates up and hopefully more photos from around downtown.

Excavation has started! This building will fly up fast. Too bad it is a whimpy 13 stories. Too cost conscious to go to 20 or 25.

There's nothing wimpy about 13 stories. :)

If Tony's two projects in SoBro get built, there will be a nice little cluster of highrises right there. A nice variation of heights, too, if you will.

Plus, I think I'd rather see a tall hotel built on 8th. That side of the skyline could use some work. :thumbsup:

Archived