13 Story Hyatt | @3rd and Demonbreun | COMPLETED

MTFAN

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or the fact that I've never heard of or seen a Hyatt Place that tall

And don't forget, this isn't a Hyatt, it's a Hyatt Place - which used to be AmeriSuites. They're niceer than AmeriSuites were and everything, but they're still kind of budget properties (or "select service"), so maybe 13 stories for downscale Hyatt is not too bad?

^^^Of course its not too bad. Its creating density, height, construction jobs, part time jobs and full time jobs, as well as activity at street level. I am not going to complain too much about height for this specific project because of all of the other things that will come along with it.

I say whimpy "tongue and cheek". The hole is getting deep now, probably 10 feet or so in some spots. Can you imagine if Tony's Sobro and Hotel are also built in the area? What a tall building canyon!

That area would for sure have an amazing amount of activity at street level as well as some height and a canyon. We've go the Omni and Hyatt going, hopefully the SoBro will join them this fall.

So someone help me and my limited knowledge here.... This is being built on 3rd and Demonbreun... Isn't The Sobro also at 3rd and Demonbreun? There's only 1 open lot at that intersection right? So what am I missing...?

Hyatt Place is located at 3rd and Malloy, about 100 yards from the corner of 3rd and Demonbreun and directly behind the Encore and next to the Hampton Inn.

Does anyone know the final sidewalk to roof height? I am thinking 150 feet, but it could be as high as 200 with roof, crown etc... We don't know how tall the lobby floor will be. Does anyone know how many floors of underground parking we will have? I'll be interested to see the final numbers. Could be a bit taller than we think.

Does anyone know the final sidewalk to roof height? I am thinking 150 feet, but it could be as high as 200 with roof, crown etc... We don't know how tall the lobby floor will be. Does anyone know how many floors of underground parking we will have? I'll be interested to see the final numbers. Could be a bit taller than we think.

I read somewhere (hell maybe we just speculated on it) that 176' was the height...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tennessean is late again! Excavation is complete, footers have been poured and the elevator shafts and core are being poured! Granted these ground breaking's are just official broohaha for the media. The crane pad should be poured soon, although a ground crane may do the job since this building is so short in stature. The Tennessean also ran the wrong rendering.

The Tennessean is late again! Excavation is complete, footers have been poured and the elevator shafts and core are being poured! Granted these ground breaking's are just official broohaha for the media. The crane pad should be poured soon, although a ground crane may do the job since this building is so short in stature. The Tennessean also ran the wrong rendering.

What were you expecting? News? And this will need a tower crane. A mobile won't get the job done especially if they are preforming which I had read on here earlier.

EDIT: I think they might be able to use one of those hybrids, though. Like the one building the Bristol development in Brentwood.

Hybrid, you mean a kangaroo crane? It's technically a tower crane but they're used almsot exclusively for tight locations, i.e. the Viridian and of course all over NYC. Now why they have kangaroo cranes I have no idea, seems odd to me.

Maybe. Not sure the correct terminology here. The jib is angled up from the cab but becomes horizontal about halfway up. But now that I think about it there was a base poured for that one so technically it's a tower crane...?

Those are called Luffing Cranes, and there are only a few in the world. Tony told me the one they used at Viridian had a rental fee of $600,000 per year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_luffing_crane

http://www.google.com/search?q=luffing+crane&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=qTQYUM3OBYqm8QSq74Fg&ved=0CGEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=702

Those are called Luffing Cranes, and there are only a few in the world. Tony told me the one they used at Viridian had a rental fee of $600,000 per year.

http://en.wikipedia....l_luffing_crane

http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=702

Just saw one of those here in Philadelphia where they're turning an existing 4 story office building on crowded Market Street into a tower.

So, what's the site looking like right now? Is excavation actually complete? Can someone take a few photos for us out of town folks? Thanks in advance.

Your not missing anything yet. Just a hole in the ground with some footers poured. The crane base is not in place yet. It's down in the hole, just not anchored but the sign says opening winter 2013 which probably means December 2013 or early 2014. Long time off. Relax! That is what I keep telling myself about these projects. By 2015 this project and The Sobro should adorn the skyline. That is three years away.

Archived