OneC1TYNashville Mixed-Use Project | UC

smeagolsfree

Found this on bid clerk. Could be HCA. They just bought property off 28th and Charlotte.

Site work and new construction of a medical office in Nashville. Design development plans call for the construction of a healthcare technology research and sales complex. Plans include the construction of two towers totaling approximately 350,000 sq...Click here for complete Project Details

Start date 4/2012

• 2 weeks later...

It really sucks that I have to go to page 2 to get a current development.

William, Shelby and I went to the NCDC presentation of the OneC1ty project this evening. It looks as if they are on track to break ground the first quarter of next year on the first two buildings. The project could have up to 300 residential units in addition to mixed use space. This will be a minimum silver LEED certified project under the new standards set forward by the Green council that sets the standards. This is going to be an exciting project to say the least.

HCA has bought all the land adjacent to this project for future development as well.

Across the street on Charlotte is where the new Broadstone @ Centennial will be built and one block from that on the N. side of Charlotte as well is where the new Public Health facility will be built.

I think this can only bode well for the construction of the Med Mart with this campus in Nashville.

The reasoning behind Nashville being chosen was the central location to major cities in the country, i.e. Chicago Charlotte to name a couple. Another factor was HCA and all of the health care companies based in Nashville with the proximity to colleges and universities here as well.

• 6 months later...

The design reminds me of something like the Opryland Hotel and Resort. Not too impressed. Looks rather suburban. If this is all we can get, then I have no interest in the One City Development.

Wait...are you and I looking at the same rendering? It looks nothing like Opryland Hotel to me. I mean, not even slightly.

Yeah I'm a bit confused too, J. 505Design isn't making what that render looks like here, I think that is in fact a suburban project. But in terms of layout/walkability/street activation - I think it's what OneCity will be like. I can see the resemblance to the inside of Opryland, with the waterways and stuff, but that won't be an asepct of OneCity. That example is in Texas.

The design reminds me of something like the Opryland Hotel and Resort. Not too impressed. Looks rather suburban. If this is all we can get, then I have no interest in the One City Development.

I don't think the projects are going to look exactly the same...

If you notice in the One City development, the buildings are a bit tighter, with a more urban feel...and the greenspace is more around the perimeter.

I just think this is an example of what this company has done/is doing. Yes, if that particular development was going there, I don't think it would be a good fit. It might work as an "urban" development in Cool Springs/Brentwood/Franklin, or Hendersonville or Murfreesboro...perhaps even Green Hills. But I doubt you'll see anything looking quite like that (especially with the pitched roofs) inside the core. At least not a large scale development.

But considering what it is...designed for healthcare corporations...I also wouldn't expect it to be a collection of cutting edge high rises. Judging by the rendering for One City, it looks like a collection of low to mid rise buildings set up a lot like how a hospital is set up. Except I think the design will be better than what a lot of hospitals have.

I have an interest in it...especially considering what is there. Nothing. Each empty lot/brownfield that is redeveloped in the core is at least a small victory. If it can spur more development along the Charlotte corridor, then it is a huge victory. That area has been underutilized for years -- decades. Now that there is a bit of gentrification going on in the Sylvan Park/Sylvan Heights/West Nashville area, I think it would be tremendous to see more of a West End Avenue feel going on Charlotte. I'm not suggesting that this will get us there, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Three things I would like to say about OneCity Nashville. If we are going to compete with coolsprings with this kind of project we have to understand that not everybody wants to work in a sleek highrise. Some want that park like feel to the work enviroment. Also once the 28th street corridor is complete and the planned BRT running from TSU to Belmomt is in place it will be another great stop along the university line to live, work, or play. But, I agree with the design being cutting edge and the highest Leed certified property possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

I have my doubts about this project, but filling it with 5-9 story buildings would be a great catalyst for the area, maybe even growth on the north side of Charlotte where the new Lentz health Center is going.

• 6 months later...

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/9/11/mid_october_groundbreaking_targeted_for_one_city

Cambridge Holdings Inc. is targeting a mid-October groundbreaking for phase one of One City, the mixed-use multi-building development to focus on health care tenants and to front the 28th/31st Avenue Connector off Charlotte Avenue.

Ryan Doyle, general manager of One City (often stylized as oneC1TY), said that in addition to a four-story, 110,000-square-foot office building, phase one will include most, if not all, of the roads, infrastructure, public amenities and green spaces for the 18.7-acre site.

“And we’ll be getting the pads ready for the future buildings,” Doyle said.

The Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the only announced tenant for the first office building.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...