OneC1TYNashville Mixed-Use Project | UC

smeagolsfree

CumberlandCenter, a nonprofit spun out of Lebanon-based Cumberland University, is moving into OneC1ty, the organizations announced today.

CumberlandCenter is OneC1ty's second announced tenant, in addition to Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance.

CumberlandCenter aims to create an alliance between universities and businesses in Middle Tennessee to build a regional innovation hub.

OneC1ty is set to break ground next week. General Manager Ryan Doyle said that CumberlandCenter will move into the first building, which is expected to be completed in early 2015. Square footage hasn't been finalized yet, but the CumberlandCenter space will be built for office and shared co-lab space.

Lab space, cool.

Does anyone here know (even a little) about the TEAM (the Engineering and Medicine) building that Vandy is planning?  All I've heard is that the project has been revised to be bigger, but it is still in "preliminary" planning. This is different from the venture that just moved/opened into MetroCenter.  I will try to dig around to find out where the site for the TEAM building will be. I would expect it to be close to Olin, as that's the closest avialable land near the nexus of the Engineering and Medicine schools.  I just thumbed through my Vandy alumni mag, and there's lots of info on the school aiming for a Top 20 Engineering school ranking in the next decade. 

Edited by MLBrumby

I remember a post with a diagram of an expansion of Olin Hall... an Engineering lab (aka "the Urinal") that was posted last year.  I just wasn't sure if that was also the same as the TEAM facility.  I believe it is now... and apparently it is going to be larger than originally planned.

Sarcasm. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it should happen. The WES issues got really quiet again.

It'd surprise me if Parallon is located here. It is supposed to feel distinct from HCA and putting it essentially on the HCA campus wouldn't further that goal.

• 1 month later...

I wish I knew a little more about this project. From what I've read about it this seems like the premier development in the city at the moment. If they could fill out this space with top tech companies all in this one campus the ramification for Nashville and the Charlotte Corridor will be huge. This project has already garnered plenty of national attention, I'm surprised we don't hear more about it while we hear plenty about the millionth condo rendering that will never be built. Does anyone know how many years it will take for them to fully build out the campus or is it dependent on how quickly they can sign tenants? 

• 1 month later...

I called TOA for an appointment (back acting up again). When the automated reminder call came, it said I was to go to the One City location. I was surprised, and called to confirm. I was told that the location was the same - on 20th - but that the name had changed. Seemed odd.

Nothing can escape the UP Nashville!!!!!  We're like the NSA.

Edited by TMcKay9
  • Like 2