• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A July groundbreaking is planned for the 6 story, 173 room Element Hotel at OneC1TY.  The location will be at the developments entrance along 28th Ave. North, 1/2 block south of Charlotte Ave.  It will feature 12,000 sq. ft. of restaurant/retail space on the first floor, some meeting space, fitness center, and amenity deck with great views of downtown.  Hasting Architecture is designing and Walsh Group will serve as the contractor.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21003683/july-groundbreaking-eyed-for-element-hotel-in-onec1ty

Updated rendering:

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.18.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.18.29 AM.png

The location is the teal lot in the center of this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Nashville development map:

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.28.48 AM.png

The site looking NE from the 3rd story deck of 8 City Blvd. Building:

One C1TY, Element Hotel, Jan 27, 2018, 1.jpg

The site looking NE from corner of City Ave and entrance of 8 City Blvd:

One C1TY, Element Hotel, Jan 27, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe it’s just because onecity is kind of hidden by fencing running along 31st and other buildings from Charlotte but it just looks like an uninviting place. I never see anybody around it. I know there’s still work to be done but considering there’s been buildings open there for years there’s remarkably little life, as appearing to a passer-by. 

• Like 1

About time.  I love this overall project, but man it's taking forever to build out.  At this pace they won't get the whole thing done until the late 2020's.  I hope they can get the next office building started sometime this decade.